free website stats program First ride with windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

First ride with windshield

kzoo

Banned
So I bought my 04 Heritage used and it did not have a windshield with it. I have been searching to find just the detachable brackets, and came across a windshield on eBay that is a bit scratched down by the auxiliary lights and a small scrape on one of the horizontal trim bars. I can live with that for $49.

Received it this morning, cleaned it up a bit and went for a short ride at lunch. What a difference. Much more engine noise noticeable, but much more comfy. Cant wait to try it out on the way home at 55-60 mph. A little buffeting but if I put my shield down on my Scorpion helmet, it seems to go away.

Might be the best $49 I spent so far on this scoot.

You'll notice a big difference in your arms and neck riding with the shield. Bought a bike about 5 bikes ago with the shield and will not ride without it.

Just think how much more you are going to ride..... Enjoy!

I usually take mine off for anything less than an hour ride. I still love the wind in my face feeling. Longer trips, windshield on. The reduction in wind buffet and bugs makes longer trips much more comfortable.

After riding my first few hundred miles with the windshield on as it came from the dealership, I decided to see what it was like without it and took a short trip (half helmet) and anything above 40 mph was not fun. I drove home and put it back on and it will probably not be taken off again.

I took my shield off for a quick ride, get on highway and get off on the next one as fast as I can, rode home and put the shield back on then gone again for couple of hours. ;0)

I rode for years with out a windsheild and it never bothered me. After having one I just can't go back to not having one. So much nicer with it.

Back