free website stats program First Ride With Stage One -- WOW | Harley Davidson Forums

First Ride With Stage One -- WOW

BlaineG

"That Bearing" went out, so while it was in the shop, I had Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, A Gen III and Screaming Eagle Stage I air sucker put on. I've never heard anything that pleased me more. An extremely deep and mellow and loud enough exhaust tone with a very satisifying decelleration roll off. The scoot does not stumble and act like it's stalling at take off, and will pull from a stop in idle...it would not do that before and that's very handy when doing a parking lot manuver. The overall effect on the road is a noticable boost in passing power, or when you roll on it. BTW, I insisted on some gear lube intead of that dang Syn 3 they like to use....I can tell the difference in shifting, and finding neutral, and so on right from the start. I'm excited to see if the power and driveability came at too high a mpg cost....might have to lean out the cruise setting a bit on the Dobeck....if it's not raining too hard this weekend, I'll put five hundred on 'er and really check it out. Makes me irate they can't come from the factory this way...grrrr....

Blaine,

Glad to hear of your performance gains. I know the sensation you are talking about when you mention the stumble/stall during the start from a complete stop. I've been looking at the V&H monster ovals, they aren't so loud they interfere with listening to your radio are they? I am getting ready to do a stage one and want to make sure I have the facts before committing the $$$.

Blaine,

Glad to hear of your performance gains. I know the sensation you are talking about when you mention the stumble/stall during the start from a complete stop. I've been looking at the V&H monster ovals, they aren't so loud they interfere with listening to your radio are they? I am getting ready to do a stage one and want to make sure I have the facts before committing the $$$.

I never listen to the stereo, but I'm thinking you'll have to turn it up some...

good to hear your stage one put the required grin in place :)
i have monster ovals on and the sound is great. If you belive the marketing blurb there deep an mellow so you can hear your sounds. I have a roadie so no sounds to check it out but the exhausts are great i lov em...........just the right amount of "wop bop a loo bop a wop bamboom" but not so much as to draw attation from the boys in blue........ but yay bet you'll have to adjust the volume up a tab.

Back