free website stats program First ride of the year | Harley Davidson Forums

First ride of the year

duty2

Just had to tell someone..... It was about 67 degree's and I went for the first ride of this year. It sure felt good to have my knees in the breeze. The bike is running good. A group of friends and myself are riding to the badlands this June. I sure hope everyone gets their first ride of the year in soon. Thanks to everyone who has posted threads on this forum because I have read almost everyone of them over the winter. They have kept me sane.
Ride safe everyone.

Sounds like you had a good time. Down here in Florida we don't have the winters you have but this year has been cold. First real ride for me was last weekend when I went to Daytona Bike week. Won't bore you with details:) Hope your weather continues to warm up. Ride safe.

Got my first ride monday. 45 here in wisconsin. still had to watch the curves and corners for sand no rain to wash it off yet.

I am really hoping for next week here in central Wi. My new bike has been in since 1st week of February and is mostly assembled, just waiting for the Vance & Hines exhaust for it. Getting rain yesterday and for the rest of the week, so hopefully the frost will go out and the sand and salt will be washed off the roads. Think Spring!!:bigsmiley11:

YES! I was finally able to pick my bike up from the dealer (an 09 Ultra) last Saturday since I could finally drive the center of my driveway avoiding the ice in the tire tracks. The weather has finally given us some 50 and 60 degree days. Go to put on 250 miles on Sunday and happened to have a half day on Tuesday when it was almost 68 and sunny and took a decent 180 mile spin. Had great time all by my lonesome..not many riders out yet here but they are starting to crawl out of their dens.

ultradash.jpg

th_ultraside1.jpg

Phil

I hoping to get out for the first time next week. Still to much salt and grim on the roads. Got to wait for the first or second good rain fall to wash the grit away. Suppose to be in the middle 50 all next week here in Michigan. But, this is Michigan. I won't be surprised if we still don't see some more snow. I hope not. I tired of looking at her just standing there. She's begging me for a ride.

Only 30°F the last week in Paris...sunny but too cold for a trip.
I just went to the open market or bakery during the week-end

Duty 2 yes 1st ride of year is allways special..... Hello Jean-Pierre.. France sounds like a good ridding country.. post pics some time..TX

I wish you all a great and safe first ride of the year. It is a special one even if its cold. Just keep thinking that everyday is another day toward real riding weather. Spring is special to me anyway and riding makes it more so. I hope everyone has a great riding year.

Back