free website stats program First ride of the season | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

First ride of the season

59 here today, but no ride, I let her idle a bit in drive. too busy with the chainsaw, cleaning up all the broken tree's from the snow storms. It is looking like a nice week here, mid 50's all week.

The sky here was so clear, a little colder than i like and tons of salt on the roads,but could not resist, i did not think i would be out long, ha ha, out till dark, gave me a big smile, and after only a few short rides lately,
having a decent ride out certainly gets your bike running nicely, took some time to wash down my bike when i got home but got to be done, that salt gets everywhere.motorcycles are FUN.

I love living in the south because I get to ride almost year around. It has warmed up enough in south GA enough to where the kids are fighting on who is going to ride with me this time. Temp is getting right but rain is moving back in. If it isn't one thing it is another.

Havent gotten mine out yet. It is still up on the lift. Hubby will be home this weekend and add some accessories to it then it will be good to go.

:p It was a nice day Saturday, met a few Bro's for breakfest, and some bloodymary's, went about 70 miles stop for some more bloodymarys, I had a hard time keeping the boy's from stoping at every place that look like they had a bloodymary bar, from the time we left , until we end up at the same place for dinner, we put about 230 miles, few of us still had about 35 mile to home. by then it was about 8:00pm it was in the 40de's had the heated grear on the tunes up and no traffic Very nice ride to kick off the start of the ridding seasson:p:p:p

The weather here in Nebraska has not been cooperating unless you like it miserable. But even though it was damp and cold I had the Harley shop install a break-in map and put on one hundred miles, changing oil at the forty-eight mile mark. This 107” motor does put a smile on your face and I can not wait until I get a dyno tune.

It made to 60 today in Mn ,first chance to check out my new ride, aint brand new but it is to me. That Heritage put a smile on , and it didnt disapoint .Glad I made the step up from the sporty. Still like the sporty but for roddin. 3 hrs was a nice first ride. I am going to really like the Heritage though.

Back