free website stats program first ride in 2011 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

first ride in 2011

Daughters boyfriend and another friend went out yesterday for a short ride, around 45 degrees, I tried to take the wifes sportster out but I got BIG "NO"...

I got out yesterday in 6 degrees C. Very cold on the fingers. Today was about 8C and got out for a short ride too. I love my new Stret Bob. Big thanks to the man upstairs. :s

Rode to work as usual yester day, dont understand all the people needing service on there cars on new Years Day:p

45 degrees with lots of sunshine mid-morning here in Southwest Louisiana today so rode for about an hour and a half before going to a buddy's house for seafood gumbo and the Saint's game (great time together but we lost)...

Our first ride turned out pretty good today. Had 18 club members and 3 visitors. Temps from 38 in the morning to about 57 in the afternoon. We logged about 125 miles today.

Yes , best way to bring in the new year. Got to ride about 50 mi also except a little warmer here - hit 63 degrees.

I'm not quite as brave as my Langley friend..... :D

Roads on the north side of the Fraser River have been just a little too icy for my liking but the 26 degrees F and sunshine have been great...

Days are getting longer and spring is almost right around the corner.

Motorcycle fever is starting to set in already and am looking forward to the 2011 riding season!

Happy new year to all my fellow motorcycle enthusiasts out there!

Not me , here in Iowa the streets are white , not from snow either because is almost all gone , but from salt . Here they spray salt brine on the roads and streets so when it snows it's suppose to start melting right away . Good in theory but usually when it snows then cold fronts follow with bitterly cold temps which then freezes the wet pavement turning to glare ice , then they have to spread rock salt to melt that . There's so much salt on the raods it makes them dusty , so I don't ride until after a good spring rain .

My first ride was New Year's Day. Our dealership in SOCAL puts on a Dead Bird Ride. It was a nice 92 mile cold, relatively (40-50), ride that took us in the mountains. A great day though.

Back