free website stats program First oil change done by none other then myself!! :) | Harley Davidson Forums

First oil change done by none other then myself!! :)

hsoj10

Well, I finished my first oil change on my 2006 FLHTi all by myself. Pretty proud of myself I must say. I was a little intimidated by it but pulled it off with no problem. I went with Mobil 1 V-Twin in the engine, Mobil 1 75-90 in tranny, and HD Fomula+ in Primary. Thank you guys for helping build up my confidence to do it myself and save myself at least $100 by not letting the stealer do it. One question, what thread sealant do you all use on you drain plugs if any? Thanks

Personally, I don't use a thread sealant. Replace the O-ring and torque to the specified value and you're good to go.

Congratulations on a job well done! Feels good too. Next thing you know you'll be tearing into it even more. Another success story for the best, HDT!

Bodeen

Congrats jsoj10...may this be the first of many bike self-help projects. No batter feeling that a job well done + money saved = more fuel ca$h for riding. Good deal for you & no sealer on drain plug(s). Just new o-ring, if needed.

Congrats on doing it yourself. You will save a ton plus get to kow your bike. As far as a sealent, I not only replace the o-ring I use a little liquid teflon on the threads. I purchased the small container from Advance Auto, other auto suppliers carry it also.

What are all the possibilties with all the money saved??????:s

Good job and your bike will thank you for it was done properly....

Well done on your first oil change hopefully there will be many more in the future
I use loctite 243 lock n seal on my drain plugs

Brian

Good job, it is a great feeling. :) Keep reading here, we will give you all kinds of ideas of things you can do. :s You may be amazed, I know I was.

Back