free website stats program First look at 2011 bikes has been changed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

First look at 2011 bikes has been changed

As NEWHD74FAN said, there's already a water cooled engine equipping the V-ROD series.
It's a great engine: I'd like to see it mounted on a Touring, Softail or Dyna.
I see it as an improvement, not a backwards.
Would be nice to have at least one watercooled model per range: that would be a "soft" approach, useful also to test the market.

Ciao
Ugo

I see it as an improvement, not a backwards.

Ciao
Ugo

I don't know if I would go as far as saying "improvement" but I understand what you mean. I just don't look forward to having to maintain and deal with anti-freeze, rubber hoses, water leaks, a thermostat, electrolysis, water jacketed heads, etc etc etc. Can you actually keep still for Extended time periods with a V-rod and not overheat? If you can, then I can almost use the word "somewhat of an improvement"

Hobbit, was there any reference to maybe being water cooled? I know water cooled is good for some engines, like the Vrod, cuz they rev alot higher but I am happy with the engine management system that Harley has already done
IMO...

Take care and ride safe eh!!!:D

No water cooled engines for me... & I don't like the Evo & not all that keen on the Twin Cam. But I do like the thought of bigger engines! ;>

Water cooled engines will always outlast air cooled engines no mater the application but I would not want one on a Harley unless the rad could be completly covered up as mentioned above.

I am sure they will be able to hide most of the rad on a big touring model but keeping the Great looks of a Sporty or base Dyna is going to be hard to do. I am also sure a big power hungry electric fan out in front will also be a must.

I may be wrong but I think we are living the "good old days" at this very moment. It will be interesting to see.

If S&S can make an EPA compliant V twin air cooled motor The MOCO can, I really dont want to go liquid call me a purist it is what it is

Back