free website stats program First look at 2011 bikes has been changed | Harley Davidson Forums

First look at 2011 bikes has been changed

Retrop

Tradition has it that the first look at the new bikes each model year occurs on the morning of the annual dealer's mid summer meeting in July. This year it was scheduled to be at Nashville on the 22 of July 2010. Due to flooding in Nashville many facilities are closed so the mid summer dealer meeting has now been moved to Las Vegas on the 27 of July, 2010. The Harley website showing the new models is always released the same morning as the mid summer convention so it looks like we will have to wait a few extra days to see the new water jacketed touring bikes (or not).

will have to wait a few extra days to see the new water jacketed touring bikes (or not).

Not something I want to see, but it will happen sooner or later.

Unless HD somehow pulls an exemption out of the EPA.

Going to have to happen if The MOCO is to survive, but I wont own one

Why anticipate "Evil"...? MOCO has done a lot of R&D to put technology under wraps. And the V-Rod was their "real" attempt at a successful modern design. Water cooled version of touring bike would not necessarily be a bad thing. Just keep an open mind. It took almost 8-10 years before the EVO was accepted and praised by those very nay saying HD old timers...a new generation design like water cooling should be similar if past experience holds.

Last edited:
iguess im not that stuck i would buy a watercooled after a few years to work bugs out ..

Why anticipate "Evil"...? MOCO has done a lot of R&D to put technology under wraps. And the V-Rod was their "real" attempt at a successful modern design. Water cooled version of touring bike would not necessarily be a bad thing. Just keep an open mind. It took almost 8-0 years before the EVO was accepted and praised by those very nay saying HD old timers...a new generation design like water cooling should be similar if past experience holds.

NewHD you do make a good point. I guess once the shock wears off most people will accept it.

But your a lot more adaptive being your from CA. Your already use to having a Catalytic converter on a Barbecue grill.!:D

NewHD you do make a good point. I guess once the shock wears off most people will accept it.

But your a lot more adaptive being your from CA. Your already use to having a Catalytic converter on a Barbecue grill.!:D

Nope, just gas fireplace and barbecue...LOL...but I believe in the "vegan" delights of a nice cold BARLEY & HOPS brew or AGED Grape juice once in a while...for ecological reasons of course :bigsmiley18:

Last edited:
Back