free website stats program First Long Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

First Long Ride

UCWAYNE

Banned
Well, the little lady and I will be heading out next Thursday for our first long ride (200 miles +). We'll be going from south GA to Charlotte for the NASCAR All Star Weekend, and coming back the following Tuesday. Any one have any reccommendations on things to see, roads to ride, things to carry with us, good places to eat, places to go, or more importantly....anywhere I SHOULD NOT go, just let me know.

Wayne

not living near there no i cant, sorry, but it sounds like fun. i hope to ride around in that area this summer.

Back in 08 I rode up to Myrtle Beach. We rode the second day from Savannah to Charlotte on to M.B. We took 95 up to 17 and took 17 thru Charlotte. 17 was a real nice ride, from what I remember there wasn't a lot of stops, good long stretches. Enjoy the ride!

Plugged "Kingsland" and "Charlotte" into Mapquest and it's got you going up I-95. My blood pressure sky rockets when I'm in a CAR on I-95. I wouldn't want to spend any longer than necessary on that road on a motorcycle. Find something that parallels I-95 or even cuts across Georgia to intersect the interstate to Charlotte. Might take longer but I guarantee it'll be more enjoyable!

Wayne,
Where are you staying, Charlotte, Concord, south of Charlotte? What time do you expect to reach NC?
The NASCAR Hall of Fame opened this past weekend. Lots of back roads in SC just 20 min. south of Charlotte. Plenty of things to do depending on what you enjoy. Weather man says rain showers Sat. Sun. and Mon., just a heads up.

Back