first long distance solo

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by GARVIN, Jul 12, 2010.

1. GARVIN

GARVIN Active Member

well July 14th I`m off to long Island for a couple of days. The bike is all polished & serviced , a few extra tools & air pump( I hope I don`t need them) . Will try to cross at Buffalo by 9 am. then try to find US20a east , then onto 15&17 south .Thru Binghamton to Bridgeport Conn. Ferry ride to long Island .two days down and then back to Ontario thru the Bronx . GW bridge & the Catskills .- This will be my first trip without my navigator so I`l have to pay more attention to the signs, the best is after only 5 day`s of work we will be heading to milwalki and then Minnasota. After we get back it will be one more week of work & then to Tennesse. this is the best way to wear out a set of tires.hope everyone has a good summer .

2. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

from long island be carefull ny city aint fun.best time i ever fiound is early morning fly right through other times alot of traffic best of luck to yo

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  3. bobwire

bobwire Active Member

well garvin, i'm one day in frount of you. leave s.e. texas on the 13th goin to colorado for three wks. ..................bw

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

And one other thing Garvin, don't forget the battery hookup for the GPS:bigsmiley20:

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Very true but your lovely wife got quite a sunburn strapped to the hood :lolrolling

6. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

Do you mean Milwaukee? If so give a shout if you need help while here.

7. GARVIN

GARVIN Active Member

Well made it back in one piece . A couple of wrong turns took me long than expected both ways but seen some nice country side. Had a couple of very close call with cagers . still can`t under stand why a cager has to stop blocking both lanes when they see you at the last second instead of flooring it to get out out of the way.Met a few other bikers at rest stops . Had to make lots of stops both ways due to heat. NOTE: if you start to feel light headed pull over & cool off .
    next trip to Hastings Minnissota

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

You will like Hastings Mn. lazy small town along the river, cross over the bridge and you are in Wisconsin home of H D and Smitty:s