free website stats program first long distance solo | Harley Davidson Forums

first long distance solo

GARVIN

well July 14th I`m off to long Island for a couple of days. The bike is all polished & serviced , a few extra tools & air pump( I hope I don`t need them) . Will try to cross at Buffalo by 9 am. then try to find US20a east , then onto 15&17 south .Thru Binghamton to Bridgeport Conn. Ferry ride to long Island .two days down and then back to Ontario thru the Bronx . GW bridge & the Catskills .- This will be my first trip without my navigator so I`l have to pay more attention to the signs, the best is after only 5 day`s of work we will be heading to milwalki and then Minnasota. After we get back it will be one more week of work & then to Tennesse. this is the best way to wear out a set of tires.hope everyone has a good summer .

from long island be carefull ny city aint fun.best time i ever fiound is early morning fly right through other times alot of traffic best of luck to yo

Last edited by a moderator:
well garvin, i'm one day in frount of you. leave s.e. texas on the 13th goin to colorado for three wks. ..................bw

well July 14th I`m off to long Island for a couple of days. The bike is all polished & serviced , a few extra tools & air pump( I hope I don`t need them) . Will try to cross at Buffalo by 9 am. then try to find US20a east , then onto 15&17 south .Thru Binghamton to Bridgeport Conn. Ferry ride to long Island .two days down and then back to Ontario thru the Bronx . GW bridge & the Catskills .- This will be my first trip without my navigator so I`l have to pay more attention to the signs, the best is after only 5 day`s of work we will be heading to milwalki and then Minnasota. After we get back it will be one more week of work & then to Tennesse. this is the best way to wear out a set of tires.hope everyone has a good summer .

Do you mean Milwaukee? If so give a shout if you need help while here.

Well made it back in one piece . A couple of wrong turns took me long than expected both ways but seen some nice country side. Had a couple of very close call with cagers . still can`t under stand why a cager has to stop blocking both lanes when they see you at the last second instead of flooring it to get out out of the way.Met a few other bikers at rest stops . Had to make lots of stops both ways due to heat. NOTE: if you start to feel light headed pull over & cool off .
next trip to Hastings Minnissota

Well made it back in one piece . A couple of wrong turns took me long than expected both ways but seen some nice country side. Had a couple of very close call with cagers . still can`t under stand why a cager has to stop blocking both lanes when they see you at the last second instead of flooring it to get out out of the way.Met a few other bikers at rest stops . Had to make lots of stops both ways due to heat. NOTE: if you start to feel light headed pull over & cool off .
next trip to Hastings Minnissota

You will like Hastings Mn. lazy small town along the river, cross over the bridge and you are in Wisconsin home of H D and Smitty:s

Back