free website stats program First Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

First Harley

Always like to keep an eye on those guys when I have it at the Stealers, and ask alot of questions and ask to see old parts, some take a lot of short cuts PDI in peaticular:s

Always like to keep an eye on those guys when I have it at the Stealers, and ask alot of questions and ask to see old parts, some take a lot of short cuts PDI in peaticular:s

I totally agree. Best if you can do the work at home. I don't care if it takes me twice as long as the dealer does it cause I figure I'm making 35-50 bucks an hour. Half the shop rate. I can't find a job that pays that around here. I'm sure PDI is pre-delivery inspection.

Welcome aboard!!!! I just got my first NEW Harley, and went through some of the same questions. My theory is they are supposed to check everything, and if I couldn't afford a couple hundred bucks for them to do that, I had no business paying what I did for the bike. One big point, my local shop (which has a rep for ticking everyone off) wanted $350. I called the next closest one (with a good rep) and the only wanted $250. He said there is about an hour less of things to do on the 2010s, and the other shop simply never lowered their price and pockets the money. Reputations are earned!

Welcome aboard!!!! I just got my first NEW Harley, and went through some of the same questions. My theory is they are supposed to check everything, and if I couldn't afford a couple hundred bucks for them to do that, I had no business paying what I did for the bike. One big point, my local shop (which has a rep for ticking everyone off) wanted $350. I called the next closest one (with a good rep) and the only wanted $250. He said there is about an hour less of things to do on the 2010s, and the other shop simply never lowered their price and pockets the money. Reputations are earned!

My point exactly about PDI, I know that some stealers dont do all on the list and they get a reward for not doing it they get our hard earned cash

I appreciate the welcome and all the tips guys. One more question what oil does the dealer offer that is good for the bike. I bought the full maintenance plan and I thought they would pay for all fluids.

The dealer will put old fashion oil or SYN 3 in unless you ask for 100% synthetic but they'll charge you more for the Syn but it's worth the $$ IMHO.

Tell them what you want , most will put what you want in as long as it is for air cooled motorcycles:s

Having a first Harley is really something special for most of us. You're going to have a blast. I wish I hadn't waited so long to get mine but heck, better late than never. Been two years and 15K miles and I'm just as excited when I hit the start button and hear that "bark" as the day I bought it. The wife thinks I'm nutz. I ain't nutz, just happy!

Back