free website stats program First harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

First harley

My first one was a 79 ironhead sporty the bastard year, it shooked parts off it all the time, leaked oil like I was exxon, and was totally to loud, wish I had kept it.

I bought my first bike in 1993 11/2 hour after I passed my test. It was a '91 Sportster 1200
Took it home from the dealer. the ride took me 1 1/2hr and I can remember that I couldn't feel my ass and fingers from the vibration. That first ride felt better than an orgasm.:58:

Oh well if we are into trurths then I had a lambretta LD 150, a 1959 model that I drove over common land, hand painted yellow & Black and I think I paid £5 for it. That was back in 1970. First proper bike was a Suzuki 250cc super six. LML 54K, stil remember te reg number it was in 1972.

Mike

My first Harley was a 1976 XLH Sportster ( aarrrgh.....the AMF years). Everyone used to tease me and ask if a Bowling Bag and shoes came with the bike(bought er used).My second Harley was a 1959 Panhead FLH Chopper. Used to be a show bike from a guy in "Philly". Traded him the 76 Sporty for her.You "wrenched" on her before ya took off cruzin;ya damn sure didn't leave home without takin yer tools & and a flashlight with ya; and ya "wrenched on her some more when ya got home.That's why I went to a Honda for the next 11 years. Then H-D came out with the Rubber mounted engines, and talk was good about not so much vibration , which was the reason for a lot of "wrenching. And now H-D has the "balanced" engine and so far that has led me to my most recent purchase of a 2007 FLSTC Heritage Softail. Ride safe, Hi-Tek Rednek

I bought my first Harley In December and it's about finished with the changes I have made. 95" BB kit, SE heads, adjustable push rods, S&S 510G cam, oil cooler, plus a few other goodies. Now it runs at 88HP and 95 torque. :D

Attachments

• Finished Harley1r.jpg
    Finished Harley1r.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Brice trip.jpg
    Brice trip.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 4
My first Harley was a 2006 Sportster 1200 Custom. Prior to that it was Honda's then nothing for 32 years (being in the military and raising a large family). Finally made the trade after my wife complaining of "buzz butt" from riding for long periods on the Sportster. Now have a 2007 Heritage Softail Classic - a ride that will last me and the bride for many many years. Couldn't be more happier.

Well I just bought my first Harley last week on the 20th of June. Missed the thunderstorms in Southampton just.

I worked in the Sates back in 96 so was lucky to hire a heritage and wide glide. You guys are so lucky living in the Sates, no Mini roundabouts and less rain it seems.

As for choosing my first Harley that was the problem so I spent a day at the Harley Riders Edge in Wales and got to ride very nearly the whole range which then made my choice very easy.:33:

Well I just bought my first Harley last week on the 20th of June. Missed the thunderstorms in Southampton just.

I worked in the Sates back in 96 so was lucky to hire a heritage and wide glide. You guys are so lucky living in the Sates, no Mini roundabouts and less rain it seems.

As for choosing my first Harley that was the problem so I spent a day at the Harley Riders Edge in Wales and got to ride very nearly the whole range which then made my choice very easy.:33:

UK-rider; did you get the little boy in short tousers feeling when you drove it away for the first time?

English Mike

I must admit English Mike my first concern was surviving the two roundabouts that encase Dock Gate 20. Once I was passed them I relaxed and thought there are only a few things in life better than sex and riding a Harley is one of them for sure. Pure pleasure on a stick worth every penny.

So Mike what was your first time like?

Back