free website stats program First good ride on the new 103" upgrade | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

First good ride on the new 103" upgrade

Good for you did you save some money for the SPEEDING tickets:p Enjoy that ride

Hey Canuck,

I too have 103 with SE255 cams and love it. I have the SE clutch spring in and it's really not that bad. I just got it back from the dealer after having it dyno'd and got 87 h/p, 102 tq.

Only issue I had with the 96" was a bit of excess oil from the breathers but that problem has been resolved with the new top end.

I also had excess oil in my air filter, what top end work did you have done that took care of the issue. I didn't have any head work done just the pistons, rings, cylinders and cams. I tried running the oil at half way on the dipstick instead of full which seemed to help some but not totally.

I also had excess oil in my air filter, what top end work did you have done that took care of the issue. I didn't have any head work done just the pistons, rings, cylinders and cams. I tried running the oil at half way on the dipstick instead of full which seemed to help some but not totally.

Took the heads in to have them machined for manual compression releases and while apart they glass beaded the combustion chambers, cleaned up the valves and installed new valve stem seals.

The new rings, pistons and cylinders probably helped most with oil coming out of the breathers cause although there wasn't a lot of mileage on the 96", there was some visible wear in the old cylinders (cross hatch almost gone in the four areas in line with the studs) and the ring gaps were indexed when it came apart.

Also installed new breathers/umbrella seals in the heads. Hard to say if it was just one thing or the culmination of parts. Thats one of the reasons I liked the SE kit. It pretty much included everything with the exception of the valve stem seals.

Back