First 5K on my SB.

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by josh.hancock, Jul 15, 2011.

1. josh.hancock

josh.hancock Member

Just wanted to share that I finally turned 5K on my 2010 Street Bob. My wife bought it for me while I was on a tour in Afghanistan. I got home in Sept 0f 2010 and got to ride it for the first time. I do a lot of 2 up riding on it. Anybody concerned about a SB being to small? I'm 6'2" and weigh 300lbs, Ive added HD FWD Controls, and Loner Industries 2" risers with stock bars and I am very comfortable. Other additions, saddle bags, quick disconnect sissy bar, passenger seat, TTS Mastertune, V&H exhaust and intake, and Dark Custom Derby Cover. Pics below are older, but I haven't made any changes to the bike since I took them.

2. josh.hancock

josh.hancock Member

3. buck484

buck484 Active Member Contributor

Nice bike, enjoy

4. Slo-Ryd

Slo-Ryd Junior Member Contributor

Sweet looking scoot Josh. Thanks for your service and I hope you enjoy many more miles on the new ride:)

5. BOWHIKER

BOWHIKER Junior Member

Here's the way I look at it , it has the same size engine as a SG OR Ultra so it's not too small if you are comfortable riding it . The touring bikes have more storage to store junk and a radio . If I wanted to listen to music while riding I'd carry an I-pod but for me the V&H big radius pipes are music to my ears and I don't want to drown them out with music .

6. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

:riderCongrats on your first 5 and on having such an intelligent wife.:small3d018: Great looking bike.

Glad you made it home safe.

7. josh.hancock

josh.hancock Member

Thanks All!!

8. wilks3

wilks3 Junior Member

Great Job and Welcome Home Josh!!! Very nice wife you have!!! If your comfy & wife is sittin' ok should be no problem.
    Ride Safe!!!
    wilks3
    :USA

9. ngjandm

ngjandm Active Member

Hey Josh, thanks as well for your service......and nice pipes.......and gratz on the 5K milestone. I actually just installed them on my 2010 fatbob last weekend. seems i'm slacking a little, picked mine up in Jan2010 and only have about 4.2k miles on it.

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome home, Thanks for your service. Are you comfortable that is the question. The Streetbob is a fine machine, I ride mine every day and enjoy how nimble and fast it is. It is a lot faster and quicker in the turns than my Baggers tho I miss the storage, Enjoy your ride:s