free website stats program Firing on one Cylinder | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Firing on one Cylinder

latest update Have trouble shot the Crane Ignition and it seems to be ok. Have checked every wire and all seems in order. tried to call Crane but was late will try in the morning. I remember leaving the ignition switch on the other day but have completely charged the battery since. I know with High compression engine the battery needs to be fully charged and it is. I started it on the one cylinder and let it run for about 5 minutes and still no front cylinder!!!!

Intake manifold leak? I've seen where a manifold leak on just one cylinder will cause this problem.

latest update Have trouble shot the Crane Ignition and it seems to be ok. Have checked every wire and all seems in order. tried to call Crane but was late will try in the morning. I remember leaving the ignition switch on the other day but have completely charged the battery since. I know with High compression engine the battery needs to be fully charged and it is. I started it on the one cylinder and let it run for about 5 minutes and still no front cylinder!!!!

Leaving the ignition on can over heat the coil and the ignition pick up assembly, recheck the coil , check the wires coming out of the cone to the coil, grab them and shake them a bit

After pulling my hair out I went back and read Hoople's post again and this time I followed the directions he gave and he is dead on. after switching the primary wire I can get the front cylinder to fire but only from the top tower. I guess I tried to be smarter than I am and didn't fully read Hoople's post. I now believe its the coil. I called Crane and everything that I could do checked out next step was to send in the ignition and have them bench test. So I started over,:) checking again. Thanks Hoople and the rest. I'll let ya know what I find with a new coil.

Back