free website stats program FIREFOX users | Harley Davidson Forums

FIREFOX users

Gold4484

Contributor
Although our mighty Macs are pretty much invulnerable to viruses, some malware in our Browsers can be very annoying. I can only speak for the Firefox Browser. As one of our members has said he CURED his problem. But he also said it seemed like he had to do a lot of work,and we all know…that everyone is not comfortable digging DEEP in the works of our system. I have found a pretty simple act to change your Profile in Firefox. BEFORE you do ANYTHING!! BACK-UP YOUR PASSWORDS to any forum or site that requires one! Also BACK-UP your BOOKMARKS. When you change Profiles, you will lose EVERYTHING in your Browser settings. I found by doing this, it also updated my version of Firefox. This took me 20 minutes to do, as I had FORGOT to BACK-UP mine! Also write down your passwords! That is a must! But to change Profile, is very EASY.

Go to your application folder and click on UTILITIES….then click on Terminal. A box comes up with a little rectangular grey box to the right of your Macs name. COPY and then PASTE this line to the right of that box……

/Applications/firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox -profilemanager.

A new box will pop open to the right, and go from there.
Now you can DELETE any Profile you have in there and start over. When you delete the DEFAULT USER, the next Profile User will be called…..DEFAULT USER. Then you click on START FIREFOX…..that's as easy as 1-2-3 !

BUT, REMEMBER….BACK UP YOUR PASSWORDS AND BOOKMARKS!
REGULAR maintenance of our machines are a MUST also!

Believe me I too hate the nasties that can get in our Browsers. But be assured, that our Mac OS is pretty safe and secure!

BRIAN

Last edited:
I thought Mac's were the end all of computing. No issues. They work forever right out of the box. Firefox seems extreme for a Mac! :D

Just funnin, don't get excited! :newsmile100:

I thought Mac's were the end all of computing. No issues. They work forever right out of the box. Firefox seems extreme for a Mac! :D

Just funnin, don't get excited! :newsmile100:

Oh man! another fallacy unearthed! Hide my head!

BRIAN

Go to your application folder and click on UTILITIES….then click on Terminal. A box comes up with a little rectangular grey box to the right of your Macs name. COPY and then PASTE this line to the right of that box……

/Applications/firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox -profilemanager.

BRIAN

Yup that's what I did except I didn't know about the backups. You can also rename "Default user" and uncheck the box about startup. You can go back and forth between your old profile and new until you get your new one rebuilt like your old one.

Another good browser to check out is Google Chrome. I love how it runs on my computer. On my mac, firefox was starting to box down and get slow, but Chrome still is lean and mean.

Another good browser to check out is Google Chrome. I love how it runs on my computer. On my mac, firefox was starting to box down and get slow, but Chrome still is lean and mean.

I've been using Chrome for a couple of months. I'm still not used to it, some things I probably will never like, but it is FAST. I still likeand use Firefox.

Back