free website stats program Firefox Route 66 | Harley Davidson Forums

Firefox Route 66

USMCCWO5

HD Folks;
Here is my question. What is the best intercom to use on my Road King Classic? My wife and I are headed to Sturgis this August and I would like to purchase a system before then. Price isn't a consideration.
Requirements?
Sidetone would be nice, but not a requirement.
VOX (I have a windsheild, but I don't have quiet mufflers, so I don't want a cheap system that buzzes all the time.)
self contained, I.E. nothing installed on bike.
use for half and 3/4 helmets
fair battery life (CA to SD is a long way)

I am looking at the Route 66 by Firefox. Is there a better choice? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, no reply to your question, but I'm very interested in the responses you get. Even for short, around town rides, it would be nice to be able to talk without shouting and hand signals. I'm not a techno person by any stretch but I think some systems even let you listen to GPS directions or phone calls via blue tooth.

Have a great trip to Sturgis!

I have the Firefox Route 66. It works reasonably well and I like the idea that it doesn't require any helmet mods. You can plug GPS or iPod or any other device into it as well.

The throat mic doesn't pick up wind or engine noise. But, it does sound scratchy if it is shifting on your throat, e.g., if you're turning your head. Positioning the throat mic is important to get good quality. Women's voices don't pick up as well as men's unless they tend to have more of a low, "throaty" tone to their voice.

I don't have experience with other systems, so I can't compare.

All in all, my wife and I like it. Maybe a 7 out of 10.

Thanks for the information. I will probably take the leap and get the Firefox. Thanks again.

Back