free website stats program Fire Fighters Count | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fire Fighters Count

Another big 'Thanks' to you all. I have great respect for anyone who I will call to 'Save' me. :s

I have been a very active Volunteer Firefighter/EMT/FirePolice for over 37 years. Was signed on to go to Ground Zero, but HAD to rescue a drowning dog, and it caused me to have my right foot cut off and sewn back on, so could not go. It has NOT stopped me from be 'Active' in the department. Just don't go fight interior any more. We NEED Volunteers. If you have ANY desire to help your fellow man, JOIN UP, and volunteer some time! There are so many areas in the Departments that can use YOUR help! You don't have to put your life on the line to...'SAVE LIVES' ! COMRADERY in the fire service, is almost as good as owning a HARLEY!!!
Thanks for the Post Glider!!

BRIAN

Thanks for the Post Glider!!

BRIAN

Glad you finally weighed in here Brian. There's still a lot more fire fighters on the forum to weigh in yet too.

Brian is right, it's a very rewarding feeling to be in a position to help others in time of need in the fire services.:s

I wouldn't mind fighting fires, no big deal for me to run into a burning building, wouldn't think twice about that, my problem has always been trauma. I don't do well with the injured and all, (and before you all say you get used to it, I don't, 2 1/2 years of nursing & I would still toss my cookies) BTW, I'm worse with trauma. I get through the immediate situation, but after the work is done, then everyone is treating me because I turn green, get light headed and have to go find a spot to hurl. :(

As for being in law enforcement, I could dodge a bullet without too many issues, but I couldn't deal with the drunks messing up my car or the traffic accidents, see above about the trauma part. :s

I admire those of you who can pull it off though. :s:small3d028::small3d028:

29 years, somewhere between six and sixteen to go. Glider any chance I might bump into you this Sept at the IAFF-MG memorial ride in NY.

HEY,,, Just to let you guys KNOW; Dobecks Performance Gives ALL Military ,Police, Firemen,First responders a BIG discount off there TFI or Gen3 for YOUR use only..

I got mine from them @100$$ OFF for my military duty (proof to them) ...

Also, I mentioned to a few Police friends in Az. They proved service and got 100$$ off the already Low cost of 250$... Happy with the discount and Happier with the Product..

Regular members also save by mentioning HDT.com membership when ordering but NOT 100$...

See,,,,, the Dobeck family takes care of Theirs...

signed....BUBBIE

Back