free website stats program Finicky low fuel warning light | Harley Davidson Forums

Finicky low fuel warning light

spyder410

On the 883L, 2009 model there is the low fuel warning light. Mine turns on just fine, problem is that is doesn't always go off when the tank is filled. It will go off at some undefined point later. Is there a reset for this feature? Should I pull a fuse? Any ideas? Thanks.

No on the reset. It works on resistance furnished by the fuel gauge pickup which is basically a rheostat.

I know on mine the fuel light won't reset unless you turn off the ignition. I haven't tried it but I think if I filled the bike up with the key on the fuel light would stay on even thought the gas gauge said full.

Low fuel lights on sportsters are an issue, HD fixes a bunch of them under warranty. Watch it for a while.

Mine turns on and off on its own with full gas. Shop has had it mult times with no fix yet. See other threads. Certain vibration sets mine off. My bike vibrates between 55 and 65, see 2 images in the rearview. Rest of the speeds mirror image is clear. Anyhow my light goes on and off when I am running in the vibration range of speeds. Shop is going to replace the whole unit in the tank next and or the speedometer.

If it is any consultation mine comes on when the take is nearly empty, sometimes when it is so empty it cuts out on the off ramp 3 miles later.

That is one "correct" light that "MEANS" what it says! I think an adjustment is in order, or you better start using your odometer...3 miles is a wee bit too late by about 47 miles!

not a sportster but mine on my rkc is off by at least a gallon along with the gauge

I have an 09 XL1200N and my low fuel light will not go off. I just got it back from the dealer about 2 weeks ago. They replaced the fuel sensor and the resistor, they said this was the only two things it could be. Riding today for the first time since I got it back due to weather, when the light came on I filled up and it won't go back off again. They said to bring it back in but it is starting to get ridiculous, any ideas. Thanks.

I have an 09 XL1200N and my low fuel light will not go off. I just got it back from the dealer about 2 weeks ago. They replaced the fuel sensor and the resistor, they said this was the only two things it could be. Riding today for the first time since I got it back due to weather, when the light came on I filled up and it won't go back off again. They said to bring it back in but it is starting to get ridiculous, any ideas. Thanks.

Harley Davidson Forums Have a look here, Welcome to The Forum

Back