free website stats program Fingerprint marks on my console | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fingerprint marks on my console

I called them today and the whoever manager I talked to seemed eager to help me fix everything. He offered to have my bike picked up and brought to their shop and they will fix the throttle, no problem. He seemed hesitant to say it was their fault (like I go around putting my hands in chemicals and whipping them all over my bike) but that they would take a look at it. If it was determined they were to blame then they would absolutely fix it for me. I didn't argue, I tried to remain calm and polite. So we will see. If they, for whatever reason, do not fix the problem then I will go further in my steps.

I have a slight anger management issue :newsmile03::mgun so it was either be polite or call in an air strike.

Did They Do Anything With Brake Fluid, Added To The Master Cylinder?, I Had Spilled A Little On To Paint Once And Was Able To Use Mothers Polish On The Area And It Did Wonders, But That Was On A Van, Not The Tank Of My Bike, Don't Know If This Helps. Hopefully The Print Is Only In The Clear Coat, Good Luck. ALSO THE THROTTLE RESPONCE MAY BE DO TO THE NEED TO REPROGRAM THE IDLE POSITION SENSOR, I HAD A SIMULAR CONDITION AND WAS ABLE TO CYCLE THE IGNITION SWITCH, WITH THE KILL SWITCH IN RUN POSITION, 4 TIMES ALLOWING THE ENGINE LIGHT TO GO OFF BETWEEN EACH OFF CYCLE OF IGNITION SWITCH, THIS IS FOR THE FLY BY WIRE SYSTEMS

Last edited:
I called them today and the whoever manager I talked to seemed eager to help me fix everything. He offered to have my bike picked up and brought to their shop and they will fix the throttle, no problem. He seemed hesitant to say it was their fault (like I go around putting my hands in chemicals and whipping them all over my bike) but that they would take a look at it. If it was determined they were to blame then they would absolutely fix it for me. I didn't argue, I tried to remain calm and polite. So we will see. If they, for whatever reason, do not fix the problem then I will go further in my steps.

I have a slight anger management issue :newsmile03::mgun so it was either be polite or call in an air strike.

You got the finger print, I mean what can they say? Talk about proof....... I bet they fix it and life is good.:D

That's great advice...thank you.

As far as the mechanic thing goes, I paid for all this service up front. Well, I guess given the circumstance, it would probably be worth the money to know I am getting the right service.

Thanks again.

From One Veteran to Another, call corporate, launch a trouble ticket and hopefully corporate customer service will contact the service manager directly.

I know from experience, I had an oil that the dealer tried to fix "4" times with no luck, but after corporate stuck their nose into the problem...it was fix correctly at no charge.

I will raise cain, no doubt about it. With me leaving, and initially talking to "lackeys", I have raised the level to only speaking to managers. Now that I am home if I get the shaft again I will go all the way. I have waited so long to get my first Harley and I will not let someone other than me mess it up. :D

You guys all have great advice and I really appreciate everything you've done to help. :small3d028:

Maybe they will fix everything for you. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. If I hear a big explosion I guess I know what the out come was.

A very good friend of mine is a HD service manager, sometimes I will stop by and go to lunch with him, while I am waiting Ive always noticed that as customers come in for service or inspection he would first log the basic info in the system then he always walks outside with the owner and first record the milege then proceed to go over the bike , Ive seen him point out tire wear and other service issues as he looks over the bike , but Ive have also seen him point out scratchs on bikes exhaust burns ,tears on seats, and then point these issues out to the owner, and ask them if they are aware of these issues on the bike, I dont know if he puts these notes in the system and records them and if this is dealer or MOCO procedure , I am having lunch with him friday and I am going to ask him about the procedure he does and where this mandate comes from ,I feel it is a MOCO thing , But if you would like I can discuss your issue that you have with your dealer and see what he feels is the best action to take to resolve your problem.So just let me know and I will have that chat with him.

When all else fails, Small Claims Court. Find out the cost of the damage and inform the dealership that you are taking the issue to court. Ask them how they think they will do being that you are going to show up in court, in uniform to state your case. I think there is also some help available via the media. You might be able to make your case to the consumer affairs reporter at one of the local TV stations. I think there is a reporter at one of the Denver stations that does segments on things like this...his name escapes me at the moment. In my former home there was a TV weekly segment called "Get Gelfin" he was a reporter that made a stink about raw consumer deals and got results.

I talked to the service manager today and he assured me they will do all they can to fix the throttle, still hesitant to take the blame for the prints on the bike. That is a great idea about taking pics, I will do that. And feel free to talk to whoever, I've got nothing to hide. So far Thunder Mountain is doing a good job at trying to make it right, we will see when the bike actually gets in the shop. Thanks guys!

Back