free website stats program Finding a Harley Repair Shop | Harley Davidson Forums

Finding a Harley Repair Shop

Fellas,

I know the Title of this Thread may look like I don't have a clue, and I guess thinking about it I don't :bigsmiley11:

I am trying to get some work done on my Sturgis, and so far have struck out-the local Harley Dealership isn't interested in working on my Bike, and the local Shop is too much into Customs to look at it. I asked for their opinion of who might be able to help me, and they gave the name of a guy about 50 Miles from me-well, he called and left a message, but he is not in the Phone Book nor registered in my State as a Business-the reason I am leary of him? Back in the 80's I had found a nice, old BSA Lightening that I wanted worked on, and took it to this Guy's house who was supposedly an "expert"-in the end I lost the Bike.

So, would any of you have any clues as to how to find a good place to work on it? I am looking for ideas here-

I need the Carb and Tank cleaned, a new set of Tires, all adjustments checked, new Fluids and a new set of Drag Bars installed-

I realize how petty this may sound-I could do most of it (except for the Tires), but I am in the midst of building a Street Rod and I do not have the time to do it or I would-

I hope to find someone I can use for Years-I am willing to pay-

I am trying to get some work done on my Sturgis, and so far have struck out-the local Harley Dealership isn't interested in working on my Bike, and the local Shop is too much into Customs to look at it.

Hey Guy,

I have a '91 Dyna (FXDB-S). My bike is #1065 of 1600. Is yours the '91 or '81?

How "stock" is your bike. Are you sure you want to modify a numbered bike? If you do, I strongly suggest that you keep the original parts so you can restore it back to original condition. At least have the stuff that you can supply to a collector that might want your numbered bike in "original" condition.

TQ

Hey Guy,

I have a '91 Dyna (FXDB-S). My bike is #1065 of 1600. Is yours the '91 or '81?

How "stock" is your bike. Are you sure you want to modify a numbered bike? If you do, I strongly suggest that you keep the original parts so you can restore it back to original condition. At least have the stuff that you can supply to a collector that might want your numbered bike in "original" condition.

TQ

TQuentin1,

I do have a Thread on this Bike elsewhere here. I have all of the original Parts (exhaust, seat, mirrors, etc.) along with all of the Receipts, Manuals and such. I have the original Sales Receipt all the way back to the original Owner. With the exception to those listed, it is all Stock with 5800 Miles on the Clock (well, it does have a Carlini Torque Arm on it). It is a '91. It has not been Licensed since 2005-

As for it's pedigree, it is #3 (the first one sold to the Public). It has a ThunderHeader on it and a different Seat and some chrome Bolt covers but that is all. I just wanted to put a set of Drag Bars on it (I really liked that look on the '80 Sturgis)-

Back