free website stats program Finaly got a chance to wash my ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Finaly got a chance to wash my ride

Mongo1958

I finally got a chance to wash my ride in almost 6 months. My 09 Ultra was starting to look like one of those bikes in American Pickers.
I lathered her up and washed all off the road grime and bugs. Man she looks good.

Next I'll dump the fluids and adjust the belt. Coming soon is the front forks:bigsmiley12:

Feels good to have a clean ride once in a while.

Last time I washed mine, I only managed to get the front washed before I sliced my pinky finger almost to the bone when I was washing around the front disc. Man those edges are sharp.

Ah...pride of ownership. Going from bugs/grime of glory to sweet look'n clean. Where are the pics...??

Feels good to have a clean ride once in a while.

Last time I washed mine, I only managed to get the front washed before I sliced my pinky finger almost to the bone when I was washing around the front disc. Man those edges are sharp.

Bummer, oldhippie! Try using a scratch less brush that they sell at the Auto parts store. They don't scratch and they get in all the nooks and crannies. Plus, your hands won't get in those areas where we get nicks & cuts because you are holding the handle of the brush. Is ave the chamois cloth & washing mitt for the truck! :) That is what I use. It works great and my ride looks really good!

To be honest I dont get a chance to wash mine with soap and water very often either. However, I am constantly polishing the chrome and wiping it down. I've found that I can keep the bike looking top notch without all the hastle of washing, drying etc. If you dont have much time to do a full wash try just wiping it down between rides.

Washing the bike....a love-hate thing for me. I'd much rather be riding but I also like keeping a shiny ride too. But I could have worse problems than not wanting to wash my Harley. :D

No kidding!!! I have 3 jammed fingers with knicks and cuts but my ride is clean!

Washing the bike....a love-hate thing for me. I'd much rather be riding but I also like keeping a shiny ride too. But I could have worse problems than not wanting to wash my Harley. :D

They dont call this the Badlands for nothin. Wash and wax my bike. Next morning its covered with gritty white dust...from the Badlands. Cant just wipe it off because it will leave swirl marks. Seems like this dust is attracted to pledge...lol I just leave the dust on until I have time to rinse it off good...before I wipe anything. So mostly...I just ride it. :D

Back