Finally

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Jeff Klarich, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

After 3 trips to the dyno (Last 2 on their dime) my local dealership finally got her tuned right. Added the SE pro race tuner and the bike ran strong, only problem I was still getting spark knock and pinging. I told them they needed to take away some of the timing but that fell on deaf ears, all they did was add more gas. The 3rd time around I was firm about the timing,they retarted it a few degrees. Now it runs like a big dog with no knock or pinging. :s

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

No wonder why you did not like the CVO......:p
    Can you say smoke it.....:newsmile100:

It amazing that the experts do not always have the answer....

3. Jeff Klarich

I know, the tech was a good kid and finally agreed that it was probably the timing. If they tried what I suggested the 1st time it would have saved me trip 2 and 3.:newsmile100:

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Good deal, tho I would talk to the service manager and get 4 qts of oil and a filter for your aggravation :s

5. Jeff Klarich

I was starting to get a little aggravated after the service writer made the comment about how much time the tech already had in tuning it. It got the best of me after I had already told him the 1st time that it was a timing issue so I told him (the service writer) it's no different then if I brought it in for a oil change and you put a new tire on instead!
    He didn't have a sense of humor, guess I'll be looking for a new shop.:newsmile100:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Talk nice to the Manager, they should have test rode it after the first Dyno run. It is ALL on the tech IMO When I made a BOO BOO it was ALL on me and I had to make it right up to and including giving a free oil change

7. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Jack has good point. You never know you might be the correct number of customer to complain and the writer might end up lookin from the outside in.
    I would bet that a change at the desk would increase sales for the service department.

8. Jeff Klarich

I was very respectful Just didn't care for the comment by the service writer. I actually asked to talk with the tech before he tuned it for the 3rd time. He was a good kid and thanked me for being so patient.

9. Biffy08

Biffy08 Active Member

This may be my inexperience, but aren't the tuner and dyno supposed to take all the guess work out?

10. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

The tools are only as good as the expertise of those using them.... :s