free website stats program Finally! | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally!

flipper

Account Removed
My husband and I are heading out on our scoots (Heritage and Ultra Classic) tomorrow for a vacation in the Smokies. I've been planning this for quite a while. When I first started riding 3 years ago, I said I'd never do the Dragon. I said I wouldn't do a lot of things but, as women often do, I've changed my mind and my life has been richer for it. We plan to stop in Gadsden, AL tomorrow afternoon and spend the night there before heading on to Townsend, Tn. for the next 3 nights. We hope to ride the Dragon and Cherohala on Tuesday and then go across the park on Wednesday taking 28 back to the Dragon again. Thursday we start our journey home going across Tn and across the northwest corner of Alabama on Friday and then hitting the Natchez Trace home. Wish we could make it a longer trip, but we've already had one scare with our primary pet caretakers (him) ending up in the hospital yesterday. Our back-up will feed for us (and the primary) until they can get home from the hospital, and then they'll all figure out who does what. Friends like them are priceless.:21:

Have a great trip!

Stay hydrated and take lots of breaks - it's supposed to be sweltering this week.

The Dragon's OK if you don't let others intimidate you and ride it at your own pace.

Have a great trip.
I like travelling the dragon mid week,not so busy.

Townsend is a nice place to stay. The Appalachian Trail goes right along the main road in town for a ways. Tuesday is a pretty good day to ride the Dragon, and ANY day is a good day to ride the Cherohala Highway.

Thanks for the information y'all! We are leaving early in the morning in an attempt to have as few high 90 degree riding hours as possible, and yes, we will drink LOTS. I learned that one the hard was a couple of years ago...... Taking 3 cameras:D

Gadsden Super 8. Nice M/C friendly motel. Just down the road is Top Of The River. GOOD Catfish!! IF you happen to be in Bryson City and need a room stay away from the Relax Inn. Our room was a DUMP!! And it you a have time take a detour thru Little River Canyon north of Gadsden.

Gadsden Super 8. Nice M/C friendly motel. Just down the road is Top Of The River. GOOD Catfish!! IF you happen to be in Bryson City and need a room stay away from the Relax Inn. Our room was a DUMP!! And it you a have time take a detour thru Little River Canyon north of Gadsden.

Wow! Thanks Joe! You've been everywhere haven't cha? We will check everything out but the Relax Inn:s

Back