free website stats program Finally!!!!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you. The most I have been able to ride was about 3 miles since uncovering 2 weeks ago. Really looking forward to weather breaking soon..

Rode my bike home from storage today, way too short of a ride but my tires pressures were low. Man I forgot how loud the SE slip ons are, what a great sound. My plan is to get her cleaned up and ride to work on Wednesday, low of 34F and high of 52F, mostly sunny.

Rode my bike home from storage today, way too short of a ride but my tires pressures were low. Man I forgot how loud the SE slip ons are, what a great sound. My plan is to get her cleaned up and ride to work on Wednesday, low of 34F and high of 52F, mostly sunny.

I hear ya Dr.Evil. S.E. MI here and I rode for a couple hours this past weekend. Toke the glide to work this morning. All the salt residue sure does wake you up quick when that back tire breaks loose.

It's good to have my knees in the breeze !

Might want to re-check the weather! Tomorrow (Wednesday) is now the rain-free day. Thursday it's supposed to rain.

I'm thinking about riding my girl into work tomorrow (about 35 miles on I96 and I69), if I can get a few issues sorted out tonight. That will be a COLD ride, though.

Doug

Strange talking about cold! I'm in FLA on TDY for some training this week........supposed to be 83 today! You guys down south have it made! I'm thinking about my bike in the garage at home in Massachusetts and already wondering "how cold is too cold" to ride to work next week! If it were a short ride I'd prbly ride down to the 30's but I have a 70 mile highway commute one way! Last fall I rode to work in the mid 30's and couldn't feel my hands or feet when I got in!!!!!! Guess it depends on how much I wanna ride! Yeah......come to think of it....I'll be riding to work next week even if it is 35 in the morning! The mid 50's for the ride home makes it worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to say to everyone riding to work tomorrow. Ride Safe, and I will be right there with you. I only have 6 miles to work, but I always head for the countryside on the way home. I feel sorry for those 12 month riders down south, they don't now the joy and anticpation of that first ride of the year (I tried)

:cheers

I just want to say to everyone riding to work tomorrow. Ride Safe, and I will be right there with you. I only have 6 miles to work, but I always head for the countryside on the way home. I feel sorry for those 12 month riders down south, they don't now the joy and anticpation of that first ride of the year (I tried)

Your right we don't have the anticipation of the first ride after winter. And I like reading how excited everyone is taking the covers off the bike and hitting the road. I still don't think I would trade Fl. for the experience of covering my bike and not riding for 3,4,5, months. Hope everyone "up north" has a great and safe first ride of the year.:bigsmiley12:

Its good to ride again, Rain is lettin up here, Looks like a season opener long ride this weekend. Enjoy the road wacko

just got a plug-in jacket linner...Hiway happieness!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Dr.

Don't feel sorry for us here down south, we have a 24/7 smile, only drawback is we spend way too much money on toothpaste!!!!:taunt

Whacko,
Nice to hear you enjoyed your first of the year, man I can hardly wait to mend and get the bike back, missing the best of riding season now.

I got another hour ride in today here in Massachusetts! 45 degrees but the sun was out! All back road riding and was still cold! Won't even think about the highway ride to work until the mornings are in the 40's!!!!

Back