Finally some pics...

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by Sharky1948, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

'07 Sportster Custom. My goal was to give it the illusion of a bigger bike. (I'm happy to say that a few knowledgeable Harley riders have mistaken it and been surprised.) I ride it "bare naked", with the bags and sissy bar off, and "fully dressed", when my wife comes along.

Too many pieces of chrome to mention, but it has a Corbin seat, Lindbar engine guard, and Boss Bags. Relocated the front and year turn signals (LED now), and added the passing lamps.

Attached Files:

2. BikerChick915

BikerChick915 Member

Nice looking scoot! I especially like the running lamps - just might have given me an idea for my '05 Sporty Custom!

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Looks like a baby RK :D

4. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

Looking Good

5. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

Next year maybe it will have a big brother!

6. Baggh

Baggh Active Member

Looks awesome sharky :)

Hey... what is that chrome piece between the heads on the left side of the engine? Right by where the choke is.

I have noticed this on several bikes and I want it... that side of my bike is lacking in the chrome arena and that piece would be perfect.

I might be way off here but I think i took a closer look at a bike with one of these and... is it a horn?

do you have a Harley Part # or name? I want one for my '06 XL883

thanks!

7. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

It's the stock horn on an XL1200C. Take a look at this part for your bike:

Chrome Horn Kit for 883 Sportster® Models
    Convert your stock Sportster® horn to the new look of a Big Twin.
    69112-95D
    Fits '92-later XL883, XL883H, XL883C, XL883L, XL883R, XL1200, XL1200L, XL1200N and XR1200R models.
    MSRP US $89.95

8. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Beautiful Sportster Sharky! Almost makes me miss mine - if I could have afforded it I would have kept it AND gotten my Street Glide!

9. Baggh

Baggh Active Member

Thanks Sharky!

Just ordered it.

OMG the mods NEVER stop! I just got in a Sidekick seat... tach kit should be arriving any day... now I have this horn kit to wait on!

gotta luv it though.

Thanks again!

10. Baggh

Baggh Active Member

Do you know if that horn is any louder than the stock version?

Right now my engine is louder than the horn... the engine is pretty swanky loud though :)... ... would be nice to horn blast people to let me know they're merging into my face :)