free website stats program Finally some good weather, but...... | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally some good weather, but......

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
After close to a month of bad weather, (yes, I'm a fair weather rider & I know it, didn't like riding the harley in the rain), I finally get out for some riding this weekend. Saturday, hubby worked, so I figured I'd head down toward the city & ride around some and take care of a couple of errands. Well, first off, I got a call from one of the guys at work, and no, it wasn't from one of the guys with a harley. The guy working had some cut cable in an underground area & he didn't have prints of the plant. I was going buy the office to get my camera, so being the nice person that I am, decided I'd get the prints & some specialty tools & take them up on my bike. (Better neighborhood, didn't have to worry about the bike :D). I was there for almost 5 hours, and we had dug a pretty big hole. :17: So much for my scenic ride along the great Ohio river.......:17::17:

But, the funny part of the story is on the way to the job site. I'm cruising along about 50 mph, minding my own business, and the next thing I know, I see a kamikaze bird diving right in front of me!:52: Yup, I nailed him. I love my windshield! All I could think of was the scene in "Wild Hogs". I was laughing, of course after the initial shock past. I figure it would have been pretty funny to watch. Today was uneventful, but I didn't have all day to ride either...

Okay, time for the rest of you to share your laughs with us! :taunt

Glad you got to get out Joy. good thing you had you windsheild; getting hit in the face buy a kamikaze bird might not feel so good. I got to get out for a couple of hours this afternoon in between the thunder storms that we weren't suposed to have. All last week the forcast for this weekend was no rain untill Monday evening.
Wrong!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thank god for the windshield those feathered missiles hurt when they hit you. But it still is pretty funny.:s

Yup, the kind of cool part was that with the windshield, I could sort of watch the whole thing. That's what stinks about riding by myself, is that when that stuff happens, no one is there to laugh with you......but I'd rather laugh by myself than stay home. :D

I told my husband I don't know why, but I seem to attract big stuff like that. I am always collecting the big splats, butterflies, bugs, and now birds. I don't know of the times I come in and he looks over & laughs because there is some type of carnage hanging on my brake or clutch lever or something on my helmet.

I will stick to the flying critters, I hope to avoid the stuff that falls off vehicles. :s

Thank goodness it hit the windsheild! I got hit beak first in the forehead once while riding a dirt bike.

Someday I'll have to tell you about getting hit with the bumble bee, which before it died decided it would sting me. But the story has adult content so you'll have to wait to hear the ending.......LOL.

See ya around town Joy!

not had the Kamikaze bird yet but plenty of bugs rode threw a swam of tiny little flies with an open face got to were i was going and i was covered in the things all little wings and stuff sticking all over the place

Made one of them "Dinner Runs" did ya!!! lol!!! AAAAAHHHHH SPIT-TEWEY!!!

Back