free website stats program Finally rode | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally rode

ickysticky74

Well I bought my first Harley in January. Today I was able to ride it for the first time. I now understand why people ride Harley's an why the company has been in business for 108 years. I came from a Suzuki c50. This bike is so comfortable and the braking on it is night and day from my last bike. The acceleration puts you ride down in your seat and has low end power. I am still smiling. Thank you Mother Nature for not snowing today.... Would also like to say this site is a great site to read all winter while you wait to ride. I hope everyone has a great and safe riding summer...

Rode my first harley in 1976 (1972 full dress electra glide) and I am still smiling. It is in your blood now and you will never be able to get rid of it (as if you would want to) :hii

The first ride of the year is always a good one. Glad I'm not in NY with the snow. Took my first ride on Saturday after a long and trying period of waiting for the exhaust system upgrade and a clear day. I am after all a fair weather rider. It was 70 here Saturday. The ride was great.

ickysticky74, I know exactly what you mean !!! I came to the MOCO from riding my MINT 1998 Kawasaki 1500E Vulcan Classic. It was the cat-daddy. That bike did everything exactly as I wanted. Plenty of power, stopped good, fair fuel mileage, hard bags, trunk and a Memphis Shades fairing. Black & chrome with gobs of extra bling. Then I done my neighbor a favor. He has 3 bikes and wanted me to ride his 2006 Electra Glide to help keep the battery up. Bad thing to do. I suddenly found out that my Kawasaki was a completely different riding, handling, stopping, creature comfort type of bike. I had to get me one. I did, got me a Black & Chrome ElectraGlide with all of the bells and whistles. Tru duals, cruise control, 203 cams, fuel management system, gobs of extra chrome. I am afraid my face is never going to be the same again. Call me the guy with the continuous cheese eating grin cause I get all jacked up even thinking about getting to ride much less doing it. Happy Trails...

Attachments

• DSCF0019.JPG
    DSCF0019.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 36
Welcome to the HOG family. Now get ready to open up the wallet (goodies to buy) cause brother....it's an addiction!!!!

I also could never understand the allure of a Harley. Till I bought one. There is not much to compare when the Harley is so superior. I to have a hard time not riding it when the weather is nice.

Welcome to the riding family of HD. May your grin never fade. May I suggest taking a riding course, money well spent and most insurance will offer 10-15% discount on premiums.

Welcome to the riding family of HD. May your grin never fade. May I suggest taking a riding course, money well spent and most insurance will offer 10-15% discount on premiums.

Good advice here about the riding course. remember to practice the skills taught in Rider Safety Course because they do erode from lack of use. The grin is still here too!:)

Back