free website stats program Finally Ordered the Windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally Ordered the Windshield

bwalsh22

Okay, after almost 4 months, I finally ordered a part, after many visits to sites, filling carts and leaving. Anyway, this morning's ride was a cold one, about 40 degrees at 6:30AM and when I got into work, said no more waiting, getting the windshield so I can ride well into the fall. Although I do enjoy the ride and look without the shield, the cold just makes an hour ride miserable (thankfully the evening ride home will be warm (85).

Thanks to those out there for the Zanotti Recommendation, there price was $65 less then Harley, after shipping and I get it at my door. Only place I'll get parts from most of the time from here forward.:D

Just got the Windshield last night from Zanotti's, WOW!! Great service that came way faster then I expected.

Mounted it up before bed last night and took her in this morning. You guys were right (as usual) the HD windshield is top quality. Quick release was a piece of cake to get on there, looks great, is the perfect height for me on the Bob (I'm 6'), and really made that early morning ride much more enjoyable. When I am ready to upgrade to the Tallboy seat or something similar it will be nice and easy to adjust, with room to spare.

Thanks for all the recommendations here, well pleased with the results from the purchase through to the installation.

You will love it some cold ride when you are really hunkering down behind it. can ride in on mornings when it is 45*, but I'm really hiding behind the windshield, keeping my feet as near the engine & oil tank as I can, but the rides home are great since we have 40* temperature swings in the spring & fall. I have about a 40-45 minute ride. I will still be pretty cold when I get to work, but it's worth it. I will add that I am very cold natured.

which windshield did you get? the low or the standard height?
I'm also wanting one for the cold mornings and fall riding just not sure which
to invest in. and not sure about smoked or clear.

Got the Tinted Compact Standard height quick release. You won't regret it. I read some reviews on the low profile and it seemed to be just too low to keep the wind off you. I ride with a 3/4 helmet with face shield and many times now I don't even want the shield on cause it keeps that much wind off of me, without impairing my vision. I look just over it, except of course when I am heading up a hill, but that could be with just about any height.

Got the Tinted Compact Standard height quick release. You won't regret it. I read some reviews on the low profile and it seemed to be just too low to keep the wind off you. I ride with a 3/4 helmet with face shield and many times now I don't even want the shield on cause it keeps that much wind off of me, without impairing my vision. I look just over it, except of course when I am heading up a hill, but that could be with just about any height.

Do you have the website/link where you got it? Thanks! :newsmile058:

Back