free website stats program Finally Have My Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally Have My Harley

Congrats on the new to you Sporty - nice scoot. Good feeling to finally get a HD and now...there's no look'n back!

Congrats on the bike! I agree with some others here that you may want to wait on the forwards. I have a 2010 fxdc and it is my first ever bike. I thought I would go right to forward controls but after riding it this season for 7,000 miles I think I will stick with the mids. I feel the ability to put some pressure on my feet when going over large bumps is easier on my back and I have better control when rolling fast on country roads. Everything is up to you but I suggest putting some miles on it first to see what you want rathe rthan jump right to a modification and regret it.

Thanks to all for your greetings and thoughts.

I have swayed back and forth on the forward controls. I like the feel on the highway of putting my feet forward, and it seems to be better on my back. I have the highway pegs now, so I will ride a little further and see.

I also like the idea of saddle bags and a ton of other add-ons. Whatever I do, I'm in for a fun ride.

It took a while, but I finally have my first bike - a '91 Sportster 1200. It's all stock. I want to modifiy it as much as I can....

Any suggestions?

Welcome Judge.
I was in the same position about 2 years ago and..... ye know what? I'm every bit as excited about owning the Harley now, as I was the first time I pulled her in to the garage!
I'm sure the good people here will be as helpful to you as they have been to me with any questions you have. Enjoy!!

congrats on the first bike, im in the same boat, i recently went and got me an 07 sportster about three weeks ago, my first bike and im loving it.

Back