free website stats program Finally bought my first Bagger | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally bought my first Bagger

Congratulations on the bagger. I got one in February and am loving every mile. Enjoy and ride safe :)
WAP.gif

Awesome & congrats on your new steed! Welcome to the "Geezer Glide" crew and remember to switch out all your gear appropriately...you can even wear black socks w/shorts now - really! :D :p

Bag on brother, and be safe out there, you'll def. enjoy that beast. I can relate to the fore mentioned front breaking with the forks turned, you will get used to it, over time, just remember to love the rear disc more, LOL, I've also found that it is a must on gravel, as the front tire will have a tendency to slide off, especially canted "even slightly" braking or not. The fronts can grab so good especially at low speed, without the anti-lock, the momentum still carries and you have to catch 800 lbs. of elephant (hopefully still being squared up). I'm 180, and can handle her aggressively, I've realized, if you find yourself squeezing the front to aggressive, with the forks turned, immediately release, then go to the backs while simultaneously pulling back straight or as possible. The momentum immediately transfers weight to the rear, lightening the front, but still giving you time to correct the situation, and then put the front binders back on. Obviously hard to teach in words, but, you will encounter this for yourself regardless, and it will become second nature, hopefully this heads up, will keep you aware, and keep you upright! Ride on brother and have a blast, treat her like a queen, and she'll take care of you! Any other tips, Bagger Bros?:cheers

Back