free website stats program Finally bought a bagger !! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally bought a bagger !!

Nice looking bike Al. I like that front wheel. Did the bike come to you with single disc, or did you remove it? I gotta ask how does the front brake feel?
I've read many times that using a single disc on a dual master cylinder makes a very touchy front brake. Now, I can ask someone that actually has one.
Unless of course the master cyl. has been changed also?
Thanks

Breeze the wheels and single disc setup was on it from the PO. Braking feels perfectly fine and it appears to be the original master cylinder. I know they used different bore sizes between the single and dual disc bikes, but I highly doubt anyone went to any lengths to change it when they did the wheels recently.

Although they're starting to grow on me a little bit, I'm not a huge fan of the wheels...........so they're going and I'm reverting back to a dual disc setup. Not for any safety issue, because it stops fine but rather because they're not my cup of tea and I don't like the empty bracket of the lower fork slider with the caliper missing. I'll blow them out on Ebay and start looking for their replacements. It's a shame because the wheels & tires only have about 1000 miles on them.

But, I can't believe what some folks are asking for the original wheels on Ebay which I like. Saw alot of Street Glide wheels as well for alot cheaper so I may go that route because I like them also.....I'm just a fan of black and chrome/polished aluminum. Can you tell I really wanted a Street glide?:D

Thanks for the brake info Al. I sorta doubted that the m.cyl bore size was a night and day difference with only 1 disc. There was a black spoke touring wheel on local Craiglist not too long ago for cheap. I'll keep eyes out for another.

Back