free website stats program filter removel with hd oil cooler | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

filter removel with hd oil cooler

Yeah, I was kind of saying to myself "why would anyone make an accessory without thinking it through?" I even asked the HD tech why the MoCo wouldn;t consider making an oil filter 1/2" shorter? Her response was:"I think the same thing every time I change the oil on my '00 Ultra".....Go figure?

JUST ASKING those who have the problem?????

Are you say you can't get the filter off after loosened and REMOVE the filter wrench THEN you can't UNSCREW the filter?????

My JAGG cooler uses the OFF-SET so i have never had that problem of HAVING TO REMOVE THE CRANK SENSOR...BUTTTTTTTTTTT

BUT KEMO is right ........ I HAVE had the off-set jagg adaptor SLIP-TURN while removing filter.....BUGGERS!!!!!!....WHAT does the ANTI-ROTATION DEVICE look like? for 10$$

I WILL LOOK INTO THE "JAGG" ADAPTOR FIX.....

Does it JUST bolt up or ????

thanks
signed....BUBBIE

The good part of the Hd oil cooler is that I have never had the problem of the adapter slipping, which obviously can present a problem. The problem is, as you stated, once you loosen the filter, there isn;t enough room to unscrew it all the way without removing the crank sensor.

hi thank you yes as one said the filter hits the sencer removing it worryes me
turing on oil change in more of a pain then nessary

Hello. I went with the k&n oil filter, just use a socket on the end,and it just barelys clears the senser. Yes the by adding the oil cooler,it makes changing te oil a mess,use to just take a zip lock bag,wrap it around the oil filter,and remove the filter,never dropping a drip,now the oil always get's down into the oil cooler unit,and has to be cleaned,or live with a harley dripping oil." what will the world come to" if that happen..ha ha ..

I too use a filter with a "nut" on the end so that you can use a socket to remove it. It still doesn't clear the sensor, though.

Funny, you would have thought HD R&D would have come up with a solution by now to resolve this phenom, at least by now. Either come out with an integral lower profile adapter, or shorter body oil filter, (element inside is probably not full length anyway) or something. Maybe if enough peope make a comment, they will hardware for the better...?!!!

you can use your old wrench by taking it to your bench grinder and cutting a window in it for free but the tool doesnt seeem to be the problem here does it ?

hi thank you i have no problem starting the filter but when the filter will not come off about 3 turns of filter left to fully remove i have orderd jeggs off set
filter adpter and adpter to stop spining adp will see howe this workes when spring arives here in new hampsure

100ed, keep us informed as to how things turn out and by all means take some pictures. Happy wrenching...! :s

Back