free website stats program Fillng tank on 09 FL's | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fillng tank on 09 FL's

Well sounds like you either take a little extra time or buy the McCuff thing. I fill the tank till it clicks off and then just ease it up to the rim.

I never had a problem with my RK filling it right to the top. I just hold the automatic sleeve on the nozzle back while filling and there's no problem.

Saw that McCuff on an episode of American Chopper, Mikey actually spilled Gas all over some poor guys bike with it. I overflowed mine the 1st tank full but not ready to buy one of these yet I will just take a little longer next time and see if it happens again.

What seems to work pretty well for me is to turn the nozzle towards the back of the tank with it about half way inside the tank. Still not running wide open maybe half way I pay attention to the amount of fuel going in and when needed I slow it down and pull the nozzle up to fill to the top...

I piut the nozzle at about the 11:30 position while standing on the right hand side of my 09 Ultra and it seems to fill EZ. Any other position it spits a little if I pump too fast. It is juist not that big of deal to me. I mean we are talking a few more seconds to slow down and not worry about it.:s

I stopped off at the local gas station about ½-mile from my house. I sat on the bike and held it vertical and filled the tank. Drove the bike home. Parked it on it's jiffy stand and walked in the house only to come out about 5 minutes later to find a puddle of about 2 cups of gas under the bike. Note to self: Only fill tank with the bike vertical if you are going to ride for awhile so that nice cool gas doesn't expand in the tank over that hot motor and turn into a lake under your bike!

Back