free website stats program Fillng tank on 09 FL's | Harley Davidson Forums

Fillng tank on 09 FL's

I'm having a heck of a time filling the six gallon tank on my 2009 Roadglide. It's splashes back way before it's filled. It's not the station, because I've been filling my other bikes with 5 gallon tanks and it never happens, and it seems to happen at all the stations. What i'm I doing wrong
Thanks Jonnierock

I'm having a heck of a time filling the six gallon tank on my 2009 Roadglide. It's splashes back way before it's filled. It's not the station, because I've been filling my other bikes with 5 gallon tanks and it never happens, and it seems to happen at all the stations. What i'm I doing wrong
Thanks Jonnierock
Same on my 08. I just pump real slow and raise the nozzle as it gets to the top.

I use the McCuff every time. It works great. Clicks off, don't click it or you'll overfill.

Whats all the fuss? I am sure it works just fine, but really, are we in such a hurry we can't take an additional 30 seconds (literally) to pump slow? LOL! I too notice the difference in my 09 while filling. I just take a little (very little) extra time. I am too busy enjoying a good time riding to let the nozzle rent any time. In any case, this gadget looks pretty cool. Ride safe brothers.

I have a mccuff too. I love it, it makes filling up quick and easy.

Those new pesky nozzles are being installed now in my area, but the mccuf worked fine on all nozzles i've used lately anyway.

essentially the idea is that you put the mccuf on your tank before you insert the nozzle.

You have to make sure that the hole at the tip of the nozzle is gone past your filler neck plate that the 2009 FL has.

Then you are able to fill up like if it was a car, steady stream without the nozzle clicking off all the time and you are filled to the brim on one click. No need to keep looking in your tank to see where the gas level is either.

Great invention and not expensive either. comes with a cool carry bag, i bought an extra bag of theirs to carry my garage door opener and registration and stuff.

J.:bigsmiley14:

Back