free website stats program FI Tune / Dyno Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FI Tune / Dyno Question

VanIsland; nice smiley (BTW)...tell your 7-yr-old she did good.

Listen to Bubbie - he's a wise man. Do the TFI from Dobeck & you'll have the ability to fine tune your ride for any upgrades. Put mine on the 09 SG in ~2-hrs, but I'm a perfectionist b/c I like to run wires into "hidden" areas & mounted the box where I can access/see while tuning. Std settings work good for me right now, but will change over the weekend when I install my new LA Chopper breather. I like having this capability & tuning is so easy - just go to their website & watch the video...you'll be sold.:D

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft
Thanks for the link Iceman - I am sold....
BTW - my daughter loved your comment about smiley.

"I think I got carried awey just wanted to give the definition and ended up trying to explain what these sensors due sorry for the long post........"

Crocker, I appreciate your thoughtfulness, and trying to teach me, don't be sorry for a long post- it's great! Thanks.
Van Island

Here are some definitions for the components that make upthe EFI system.

I think I got carried awey just wanted to give the definition and ended up trying to explain what these sensors due sorry for the long post........

No, you did just great, I found myself reading ALL and it was put together just right for me..

thanks signed....BUBBIE

Here are some definitions for the components that make upthe EFI system. BAS = bank angle sensor this sensor will activate if the bike leans more then 45% and shut down the efi system.... CKP = crank position sensor= this sensor let the engine know how fast the engine is runing ( rpm) the ECM uses this to determin what stroke the engine is in so it can deliver fuel and spark to the desired time......ECM= electronic control module= this is the heart of the system it collects all the data from all the sensors and sends the output signals to deliver fuel and spark to the engine......ET= engine tempeture sensor= this sensor does what it says it tells the ECM weather you are in warming up mode or running temp. the 12v FUEL PUMP= delivers the fuel under pressure to the = FUEL INJECTORS= these are high pressure valves that open and close that deliver fuel directly to the valves.they are controlled buy out put signals from the ECM to deliver the fuel at a precise time. Fuel PRESSURE REGULATOR= a mechanical device that controls the fuel pressure to 55-62 psi by returning excess fuel from the fuel pump back to the tank. IAC =IDLE AIR CONTROL a electrical valve and controlled by out put signals of the ECM to open and close as needed to provide enough air to the engine for starting and and idle operations . IAT= INTAKE AIR TEMPETURE=this signal provides input signals to the ecm as it reacts to tempeture of the air entering the engine. this sensor helps the ecm calculate how mich oxygen excists in a certain amount of air. ION SENSING SYSTEM= this uses this type of technology to detect detonation or engine misfire in both cylenders by monerting the electrical energy at the spark plugs following every timed spark ,if a abnormal level of energy is detected by the ecm across 2-3 sparks the ecm will respond by retarding the timing MAP sensor= Manifold Abolute Pressure sensor= this sensor provides input signals to the ecm and reacts to the intake manifold pressure and ambient barometric tempeture .intake manifold pressure reflects changes in engine speed and load.ambient baro pressure reflects changes in atmospheric pressure caused by weather conditions or by altitude . the ecm uses this to calculate how much air is entering the engine .TP= throttle Position sensor = this sensor provides input signals to the ecm as it reacts to the twist of the throttle telling the ecm the throttle position and how fast the throttle is opening and closing ....VSS Vehicle speed sensor= this sensor provides input signals to the ecm to indicate wether the bike is moving or sitting still , it assists the control of the idle speed .......Im sure my spelling here has many errors but just wanted to help people when reading posts understand the definition of certain sensors relatated to EfI bikes ,I think I got carried awey just wanted to give the definition and ended up trying to explain what these sensors due sorry for the long post........

Actually; being a gear head myself, I liked it.---jack :s

Back