free website stats program FI modules | Harley Davidson Forums

FI modules

Bluesugar

Hello, Help!! I have a '04 Rd Kng shrine FI Stage 1 a/c and 6200 rpm limit was put on by dealer in Detroit by 1st owner(I'm the 2nd). He left stock pipes on. I have Kerkers with mikuni 2" baffles ordered(coming )and bought a used PC3-USB(off E-Bay--no cables),bought a sert(un-opened with cables and CD) off E-Bay, and have a chance to get a Dynatek(DFCH-3) from a buddy cheap!! There is no one around with-in 1 1/2 hrs from me that can install the sert(I have looked at threads,post?) and I'm not even sure I need this.(will sell if not). I installed the PC(original owner said it was programed for a bike similar to mine but had V&H slips. Seemed to work OK until I washed babydoll down and tried to start and both turn signals started blinking(in the speedo) and a bus error code displayed!!(that's what flashed). Freaked out and took right side cover off and pulled the PC off!!. Water was pouring out of it. Let it dry out for a couple of days and fired it up(with-out PC) and seems to run good now.(engine light comes on twice(about 8 secs.) but after reading the post I will clear same(hopefully,no problems).Since then just waiting on pipes.Dynatek seems to fit the bill(go to injecters,screw-pots)Should I !?

:dknow

Hello, Help!! I have a '04 Rd Kng shrine FI Stage 1 a/c and 6200 rpm limit was put on by dealer in Detroit by 1st owner(I'm the 2nd). He left stock pipes on. I have Kerkers with mikuni 2" baffles ordered(coming )and bought a used PC3-USB(off E-Bay--no cables),bought a sert(un-opened with cables and CD) off E-Bay, and have a chance to get a Dynatek(DFCH-3) from a buddy cheap!! There is no one around with-in 1 1/2 hrs from me that can install the sert(I have looked at threads,post?) and I'm not even sure I need this.(will sell if not). I installed the PC(original owner said it was programed for a bike similar to mine but had V&H slips. Seemed to work OK until I washed babydoll down and tried to start and both turn signals started blinking(in the speedo) and a bus error code displayed!!(that's what flashed). Freaked out and took right side cover off and pulled the PC off!!. Water was pouring out of it. Let it dry out for a couple of days and fired it up(with-out PC) and seems to run good now.(engine light comes on twice(about 8 secs.) but after reading the post I will clear same(hopefully,no problems).Since then just waiting on pipes.Dynatek seems to fit the bill(go to injecters,screw-pots)Should I !?

Yep, Sorry about the vagueness---Glad you responded(it's like an honor!,-uh the Pres is on the phone?--really, I feel like that because I'm an old school guy and find it hard to even nav around this site, ( not too computer savy),I know my way around Goats and Sharks, maybe even old bikes, but my ? is just "Can the dynatek do all I want and/or need?"--- Glider, I read your opinion for the " Doebeck TFI" and my chance to use the Dynatek is appealing. I do not plan on any future engine mods(mechanical) and my pipes just came while I'm typing, so I'm ready to roll.---Anyone have expr with the Dynatek(apears to be a lot like TFI). I can adjust the injectors like a carb and don't mind wrenching(gas tank and all) and the bike would be stage 1 with Kerkers and thats it. (I hope that I'm even on the right forum!!)

HUH? :lolrolling

The dyna is a good unit too. I believe that is the only one that they "say" can add or remove fuel. I don't believe that myself,it's all in the wording. There are 3 curves , then the potentiometers and I think that is where they come up with remove fuel. I don't think it can actually lean out a mixture on any setting. It's just going to a lower curve and from there it gets tuned. Very similar to the TFI

From their site...

The Dynatek Fuel Injection Controller is a plug in module that offers 3 user selectable base fuel curves that are designed to inprove engine operation and can be modified to suit a variety of modifications. These adjustments are made via 3 potentiometers that adjust the fuel curve in the proper ranges from the application. Fuel mixture can be enriched or leaned as required. The Dynatek Fuel Injection Controller uses the factory connectors for easy installation and there is no PC required for tuning or adjusting the fuel curves. There are no modifications to the stock ECU and removing the module returns the vehicle to the factory configuration.

Thanks Glider, It seemed that my research was swaying to the point of "That's all you need" and I needed some support. I didn't want to run lean and sure didn't want to spend $'s on an apprentice at a dealer who just doesn't know more than me. Perhaps I'll take all this other stuff(tuner modules) to a biker event(you know the one) and have at it with a good dyno man. --For right now--"fuel tuner (in line series) with injecters,--Stage 1 SE(with 6200 rpm upload,A/C)--and free'er flowing exhaust(after market),"--$4 gas and breeze to the knees!!---Thank everyone for their input!!

Hi Blue sugar Well I have been thru all of your issues. I will try and make this quick - I'll stll be long winded. I have always been a tuner. Always tried. Have a 06 Electra Glide Custom FI. All Harleys FI are lean. You know that. Your on the right track. I am doing the same with my bike. i have the Harley Davidson Race tuner. I had my settings changed to add more fuel. But I know , that my bike is still lean at certain rpm settings. This is what I am doing, I should have done it immediatley. Your power comander ( one map only ) along with the other Dynatek should work great. here is the real issue, I have a temperature ( out side air )guage in my console. For what purpose????? I removed it, am installing a Innovate O2 analog guage and ran a wide band O2 sensor to the rear cylinder. I am also installing a twin probe pyrometer digital unit. Just goofing around, I have these on the shelf. I can run my bike, see the lean rich settings on the O2 guage, read the exhaust temp, and I purchased a Dobeck TFI module that mounts on my bars. I can add fuel as needed. it does not remove fuel. So using it , in conjunction with a Race Tuner or a PC is the way to go. Any way Just add a O2 guage to your bike. You can always see exactly what is happening, no guessing. No pulls at the dyno. Very time you ride , you can see that you are not leaning your bike out. If you are, you will be able to adjust the fuel with your PC and DynaTek. It will take away all the guessing, and you will be the expert.

Hi Blue sugar Remember to run a wide band O2 sensor. I left that out. I was told the analog guages work better on viewing than a digital. ( slower moving) . Good Luck Mike

Back