free website stats program FHLRC shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

FHLRC shocks

bopper03

Want to rebuild both of the rear shocks on my RKC. The manual says to replace one at a time, but I need to send them both out. What problems might I encounter if I remove both at the same time. The manual does not discuss this. Can someone give me some direction?

Thanks,
Bob

They support the rear of the bike on the wheel. If you remove them both the rear tire will retract up into the fender and the weight of the bike will sit on the tire/fender in the rear.
If you have to remove both, I would suggest a few blocks of 2X4 on top of the tire to keep the rear end from bottoming out or leave it on a lift if you have one. You could always block up the frame to support the weight too.

what about chaging the oil in them instead of rebuild unless they are shot then rebuild..

also you could take a 2x4 cut it to shock length drill 2 holes bolt in place of shock sint its only till they would be rebuilt..

Though i wouldnt reccomend riding this new rigid

The rear shocks are not rebuildable. I went to a motocross suspention builder last year and parts and seals are not available. I bought shocks from eBay. Bud White has a thread here about changing the oil but that is all you can do.

Back