free website stats program Ferries | Harley Davidson Forums

Ferries

ajjacobs

Took a nice ride out to the end of the island Sunday. Was about to jump on the ferry over to CT but decided against it for a few reasons. One being I was concerned about the bike getting knocked over on the ferry. Anyone ever had their bike on a ferry? Any issues?

AJ

I have taken my Road King on the Ferry to Kelly's Island a number of times without any problem. One time the water was pretty rough and I was worried, but it didn't have any trouble.

had the glide on the ferry to the Isle of Wight along with the trailer on the back was fine not even tied down,

I'm guessing you're not talking about the Isle of Wight in VA...?

There's a ferry here in VA that goes from surry, va to yorktown, VA. Taken the sporty along with dozens of other bikes on the ferry. All of them did/do fine.

There are tie down spots you can anchor your bike to. On the ferry I was on they provided ropes as well. Bikes were the last on and the first off.

When I lived in Washington state I rode the ferries all the time with the bike never had any problems!:s

I crossed Lake Michigan last year. They sell tie downs or you can bring your own. Took the ferry from Portland Maine to Yarmouth N.S. and all the did was put a rubber block under the bike

i went on that port jeff. ferry also many times never a problem..
also the ferry at cape may n.j. is great...bikes get on first and depart first, and they also put chocks at your tires to stop any rolling. So on your way to A.C. enjoy the ride and ferry and then roll them 7's......:D

Good to hear the Isle of White ferry has no problems Hobbit, I'm taking the Fatboy across on Thursday and have been concerned about leaving it down below - hope the weather breaks by then?

We have taken our bikes to the OuterBanks of North Carolina and have used ferries from Cedar Island to Ocracoke and on to Hatteras Island. We just rode the bikes on and parked on the side and nerver had a problem.

Back