free website stats program Feeler - What are Vivid Black Tins For a Super Glide Worth | Harley Davidson Forums

Feeler - What are Vivid Black Tins For a Super Glide Worth

jmpancoast

I have an 06 FXDI with the OEM Vivid Black sheet metal.

I am looking at buying another set of tins which have new custom paint on them. I am trying to see what my old tank and fenders might bring.

They are a couple years old and have a couple battle scars. The tank has a couple rock chips which have been touched up. The rear fender also has a couple chips, touched up as well. The front fenfer is pretty clean. From a couple feet away, the finish is gorgeous. The swirls are minimal. I polish them regularly with 3-M Microfina Perfect-It. I would say the over-all condition is much better than average.

What is this stuff worth?

Picture004-5.jpg

Picture-2.jpg

I'm thinking that the tins are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Try listing on craigs list or e-bay and I'm sure you will find out what someone else thinks they are worth, to them.

Hi,

After switching my Superglide tins for Street Bob tins & looking on ebay every day for six months, new take offs range from $500-800.00 depending on color. Maybe you can use that as a barometer for your used tins.

HTH,

Sandy

Back