free website stats program "FedEx" virus | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

"FedEx" virus

Folks, because of my position, I have to maintain a presence on the web, which exposes my email address to whoever may have active search spyders and those who buy such addresses. As a result, I was getting at least 25 malware, spoof, and phishing emails per day, not to mention the dozens of other spam messages. All of this was knocked back by getting an account on spamcop.net. You get a new email address, from them, and you can have them fetch your emails from wherever you receive them. They will then eliminate the infested ones and reroute the spam ones. Then, you can fetch your emails from your spamcop account. They are used by corporate entities to filter their incoming email. They are quite good. Aomost nothing gets through to my machine anymore.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Folks, because of my position, I have to maintain a presence on the web, which exposes my email address to whoever may have active search spyders and those who buy such addresses. As a result, I was getting at least 25 malware, spoof, and phishing emails per day, not to mention the dozens of other spam messages. All of this was knocked back by getting an account on spamcop.net. You get a new email address, from them, and you can have them fetch your emails from wherever you receive them. They will then eliminate the infested ones and reroute the spam ones. Then, you can fetch your emails from your spamcop account. They are used by corporate entities to filter their incoming email. They are quite good. Aomost nothing gets through to my machine anymore.

Enjoy,
Rich P

HMMMMM, interesting. I wonder how that might work on other software programs like here. Yesterday before my eyes my avatar got changed here, you can imagine the out rage I felt, my key board will never be the same

HMMMMM, interesting. I wonder how that might work on other software programs like here. Yesterday before my eyes my avatar got changed here, you can imagine the out rage I felt, my key board will never be the same
It has no application to other programs. It is not anti-malware. Spamcop is a service, providing email fetching, filtering and reporting (spam & virus)capability. It is a good surf-break for incoming email only.

For malware that installs upon simple message opening, set your email reader to text only, and only view message with html when you know the source.

Enjoy,
Rich P

It has no application to other programs. It is not anti-malware. Spamcop is a service, providing email fetching, filtering and reporting (spam & virus)capability. It is a good surf-break for incoming email only.

For malware that installs upon simple message opening, set your email reader to text only, and only view message with html when you know the source.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Still interesting, I will have my son THE MACHINE have a look at it if it costs money he will crack it like he does all his programs hes killing me with all this tech stuff:taunt

UPS -PURULATOR- FED-X almost any courier FBI , IRS ,VISA, MASTERCARD, DINNERS ,and almost any Bank you can think of have come into my e-mail as important messages , even if I get an e-mail with my name in it & Idon`t know the sender I goes straight into the delete file .got bit by UPS a couple of years ago & it took the whole day to get rid of it .

Just opening the e-mail was enough to get you. I thought viruses had to be an attachment or additional link.

If you have HTML enabled in your e-mail program, the virus/trojan/assorted malware can run automatically. To prevent this, always view your e-mail in plain text.

Back