free website stats program FEB 1 2012......two new models | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FEB 1 2012......two new models

Just come accross the Slim on HD's website.

Thoughts?

I'm liking it myself...

=================================================

Just came accross the new '72. Pretty cool, I'm liking it.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2012 Softail Slim...

A couple of members have already posted about the two new models. I like the looks of the slim. Definately comes accross how HD advertises it......a modern bike with some 50's huge bobber styling......especially when viewing it form the front......the cross brace handle bars and the profile in general.

The 72 on the other hand does not do it for me personally.......I don't like the narrow profile bikes with apes......they just look whimpy to me......but that is just my opinion......lots of guys are into the 70's retro looks. I'm just saying if you are a big guy like me (6 foot 2 and 250lbs) you may look a little wierd from the front on that 72......like a bear riding a bicycle!:D

I like the slim a lot as far as the 72 goes I don't like the white side walls but other then that it's nice .

Can't say I really like either too much. Pretty much more of the same from what I can see. I do like the red flake paint, that to me is the best part of it.

After seeing the sporty, I swore I heard Cheech singing.. "Born in East L.A.'':newsmile100:

My license?!?!?!? Yeah its back there on the bumper man!:lolrolling

Anyway......the model name is the 72.......supposedly named after the year I was born.......my 10 year old noticed that and said "you gotta get one dad cuz it was the year you were born"! My response to him was.......yeah nothing that great in the harley world ever came out of the 70s!!!!!

I do like the slim though as I have said!

Back