FEB 1 2012......two new models

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by whacko, Feb 1, 2012.

1. whacko

whacko Junior Member

Harley released the softail slim and the sportster "72" today....what say you?

Harley-Davidson unveils two new custom bikes | FOX6Now.com – Milwaukee News weather from WITI Television FOX6

From the actual hd site:

XL1200V Sportster Seventy-Two | Custom Chopper | Harley-Davidson USA

FLS Softail Slim | Bobber Style | Harley-Davidson USA

As far as the "72" model goes I say get out your old captain america metal flake helmet and your cut off flannel shirt and have a party!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
  2. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

I like both of em.

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

I think it interesting how Harley is coming out with some very affordable customs.... It looks like winner winner.....

4. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Likin' that Sportster!!!

5. woweh

woweh New Member

I'm likin both, the ST Bobber more though!! Thanks for posting!

6. whacko

whacko Junior Member

I'm with you on the softail slim......I have always been drawn to the bikes of the 40's and 50's.........they are truly amazing bikes from that era......although the slim is not a complete 50's retro bike I think HD has the final design they advertise for that bike.......when I look at it I see a modern ride with just enough "genetic" influence from the big bobbers of the 50s! The most reminder I get of 50s styling is looking at it from the front! Never thought I would see a handle bar set with an old cross member on them again!

7. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

The 72 Sportster is cool looking, I really like the back spoked wheel, real retro, I'll pass on the Softail.

8. Dswartz

Dswartz Active Member

I think they are both great additions to the 2012 lineup. I've never been a very big fan of sportsters but I would have to say that the 72 is one of the best looking sporty's I have ever seen.

9. Adamal47

Adamal47 Active Member

Really liking the softail slim. MoCo did good on this one.
    [​IMG]

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

That red sporty's growing on me - love the metalflake...