free website stats program Favre coming back? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Favre coming back?

95% of life is kowing when to say goodbye. This guy has done it all inside the NFL. Time to hang it up and sit back and look at the trophies. One of the saddest things is to see a great athlete like Favre try to compete with the player he was 5 years ago.

Why is he thinking of coming back?Does He need another 25 interceptions on his record?His time has come and gone.

I have been a big fan of his but I've gotten to the point I don't care. Tired of hearing "retired" then "not retired."

The years of football have caught up with him. IMO he would be a great back-up but I don't think his body can take a full season.

Big Vikes fan here.

Obviously not a Fav-re fan and I agree he should just go home and chop wood or whatever he does.

But a small part of me would love it if the Vikes signed him...for only one reason. The purple #4 jersey. I've got quite a few Packer fans that I would love to see while wearing a purple Favre jersey. After all the years of hearing "Brett Favre" it would be fun to jab it back a little.

Now for the potential downside...and there are quite a few. But the big one is....

If Favre plays again for Minny, would John Madden come out of retirement just so he could say "Brett Favre" 100 times in a broadcast? I think that would almost be worse than Favre playing again. :s

Favre was a great 1/4back but, he has retired twice and lost 6 games on his own for the NY Jets after his last retirement.

Enjoy life Bret, you will go into the HOF...So, don't go out on a lame 2nd comeback!

Favre is a class act. However as a Bears fan that was dealt many a loss by him I would love to see him go to the vikings. He is NOT what he used to be.

I hope he goes to the Vikes. I realize he is a older QB, but his leadership and fierce competitivness will be of great value for their future QB who he will mentor. I also think he still has a good year or two left. His experience and desire will overcome his age issue. Yeah, he should stayed retired and go out on top but it is his thirst that makes him so great. Most of the great ones don't ever stop trying. They don't know the word "can't". That is what makes them so great. The excitement he will bring to the Vikes and the attention the team will get as a result will also be beneficial. But best of all, Favre going into Lambeau field and handing Green Bay a loss will be historical. I wish him the best.

Back