free website stats program Favorite CIGAR? :-) | Harley Davidson Forums

Favorite CIGAR? :-)

Mickster

My my, nothing like a good HoyoDeMonterrey Excal No 1 maduro, or a LaGloria Cubana Corona Gorda maduro, Punch, or El Rey del Mundo, good brothers and a COLD, COLD BEER!:bigsmiley27: Whats your favorite? Where do you buy 'em, J-R's? Thompsons? Boy, I smoked a nasty cigar the other weekend and fell sick like it was my last day on earth. Look out for smokin' them strong sticks on an empty stomach, and I'm no virgin to like cigars! AAarrgh! :D

Attachments

• Cigars and Harleys_0001.jpg
    Cigars and Harleys_0001.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I'm hooked on almost any hand rolled robusto. I attended a 5 day management class about 10 years ago and had just dabbled in cigars up to that point. I liked the long skinny ones but didn't know the difference between the hand rolled or machine made. One of the guys in class was a cigar afficionado and brought his ballistic cigar humidor to the class. We were holed up in a hotel for the week. Anyway he extolled the multi leaf variety of the larger ring sizes (say 50 ring). I didn't have a clue what he was talking about but he gave me an H.Uppman 4 1/2" by 50 for my ride home. I was hooked. Bought my first box of Uppmans and a humidor. Several thousand dollars later and a much larger home made humidor and I now have another "hobby". I usually buy my "gars from J.R. Tobacco. I have tried a lot of other companies but these guys are just like the guys on this web site. Genuine, real people. If you don't like what they send you, you can return them no questions asked for a full refund. If you sign up, they'll send you a really nice catalog with the latest "specials". Since I'm not wealthy, that's what I usually get. I've tried a ton of brands but I like H. Uppmans best followed by Nat Sherman's. I bought a ton of close out God Father cigars named after the guy in the Mafia TV show and they are really nice. Almost out, Bummer! I think you should spend a few dollars more and get a good solid brand of hand mades. I like the gars from the Dominican Republic, mild to medium. Some guys like "Cubans" but I think that's hype and the ones I tried are way too strong in my opinion. That's my cigar story and I'm sticking to it!

Cohiba, H.Uppman, or Romeo Y Julieta and nice 15 or 20 year old Port with friends out back in the patio after a day of riding or working on the bike(s)...a-a-a-h-h-h! My favorite place, the Gentlemans' Quarter closed here 'bout 8 months ago, and haven't found a good place yet with as good a selection and price. :(

Oh yeah...Don't you know this stuff can kill ya? :newsmile100: Gal at work said this, but so can my "dangerous" Harley... :small3d006:

Unfortunately, we don't have a "cigar bar" here in West MI but on some of my adventures to FL, Chicago and elsewhere, they offered the best of times. A few years ago I attended one of the "Big Smoke" cigar events out in Vegas for 3-days, WOW!! What an event. Good sampling of many brands, and neat elbow-rubbing with the likes of ole RUSH Limbaugh (sp?) himself. I agree, I think Cubans are overblown and prefer just acouple 'select' brands that I know settle well with me. I like to puff my corn-cob pipe too :worthy but a cold one seems to go best with a good LaGloria! IMHO I proposed to my wife with a ring and all, but inside the wrapped small box, was a cigar band instead! :D I don't smoke around her, or in the house, but everywhere else is fair game. :bigsmiley27:

I like to puff my corn-cob pipe too
Can't beat puffing on a good old Missouri Meerschaum, I find that cigar smoking is like eating garlic, tastes good, but tends to offend other people BIG TIME.
For me and I'm sure many others the ritual of pipe smoking is very relaxing, selecting your pipe, packing, lighting, tamping, relighting, I used to smoke cigarettes, and with everyday stress smoked for the sake of smoking, people who have never smoked a good cigar or a pipe packed with real TOBACCO are oblivious to the fact that tobacco tastes good, it should be a flavor packed smoke, I wonder how many smoke events Marlboro or Chesterfield hold...:54:

Hi Crambo! You are right on target with your corn-cob pipe choice. I have about a dozen or so between here on my desk, our parlor, my car, to our garage where I sit in my wicker chair (on warm evenings) and enjoy a fine smoke plus a glass of cold white wine. (see pic!) Oh yeah!! I rather prefer the canvandish (sp?) "stronger" smelling tobacco, how about you?

Attachments

• 0808_DrivewayHarleyJackie (2).jpg
    0808_DrivewayHarleyJackie (2).jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 21
Hi Crambo! You are right on target with your corn-cob pipe choice. I have about a dozen or so between here on my desk, our parlor, my car, to our garage where I sit in my wicker chair (on warm evenings) and enjoy a fine smoke plus a glass of cold white wine. (see pic!) Oh yeah!! I rather prefer the canvandish (sp?) "stronger" smelling tobacco, how about you?

Hey, no wonder you wrote the piece about riding safe...you really do ride like your invisible...if not for your shoes I wouldn't even know you were there! Like your smokein' buddy too...:D

I have enough trouble with a cigarrette addiction,I won't even go near a cigar!

Back