Fatboy

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Badgerw, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Badgerw

Badgerw Member

Took advantage of the Harley Davidson offer to test ride a new bike. Wow, test rode a Fatboy yesterday and what a ride. I purchased a 2009 Sportster Custom in January of 2009,and have a year to trade up to a big twin if I choose to do so and get MSRP for the trade. I just can't believe how nice the Fatboy was to ride. Like riding on air.

2. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Welcome Badgerw, being in Florida, with the long riding season, what took you so long! Riding on air is fair to say "okay" (I don't like getting airborn too much on a motorcyle, but I agree...riding on a Harley...any Harley is certainly more "down to earth" and a pleasure always!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  3. Fidolido

Fidolido New Member

yeaa.. Fatboy is a nice machine, i have ride it for 8 years!

4. Badgerw

Badgerw Member

I was not riding on air in the literal sense. I was just amazed with how smooth the bike rode. I took about a 35 year hiatus from the last time that I had ridden a bike until the time I purchased my Sportster. Now I am looking to perhaps move to the Fatboy, but time will tell. Any feedback from fatboy owners would be greatly appreciated.

5. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

All I can say is test ride a bagger before you buy any thing, you'll luv it.

6. Stormrider51

Stormrider51 Active Member

Yep, go test ride a Road King!

John

7. WHM1

WHM1 Junior Member

I have a 2007 Fatboy with almost 30,000 miles so we ride a lot. The bike is awesome but like others have posted... ride a touring model and they will blow you away.. Especially since the 09 have been updated!!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009