free website stats program Fatboy Windshield Too Tall | Harley Davidson Forums

Fatboy Windshield Too Tall

doc_63

My wife rides an 08 Fatboy. The windshield that came on it is very tall. She would rather look just over the top instead of through it. I realize they can be cut down (I've done it before) but with this particular windshield being so wide, we're thinking it's going to look awkward so wide and short. Are any of you folks using a windshield on a Fatboy that you look over the top of. Any suggestions would be great.

Also, is there a way to get e-mail notifications when someone reply's to my threads?

doc, I have the Nostalgic Low Profile Smoked windshield on my 2007 Fatboy and I look just over the windshield. The top comes to about the tip of my nose and it works very well.

I am 5' 101/2" tall so am not sure whether the one I have would work for your wife if she is very much shorter. The looks of this unit is not odd looking with regards to the "low profile" model. It may look a little different (odd??) if you have to cut it down much further to fit your wife. Either way I believe it would probably be better for your wife than the tall one.

Do you have the Nostalgic style or the normal style! I have a Low profile smoked Nostalgic that i dont use!

I'm not sure which one she has. I need to familiarize myself with the difference between the two. She's only 5'4" so it would need to be pretty short. HHMMMM.....

Well tonight I cut that sucker down to size. I was wrong...it looks just fine and I saved a lot of money. It really is a simple job. Thanks guys.

Hi Doc

I have the same situation, can you please help me. I am thinking of cutting down the windsheild, what tools do I need to do this?
Any help & some instructions would be greatly appriciated.
regards,
Kardar

Back