free website stats program fatboy starting with the run/off button | Harley Davidson Forums

fatboy starting with the run/off button

fatirish1450

greetings from ireland,hi guys i bought an 06 1450 fatboy last year with 7500 miles on the clock,this morning i powerwashed her after asunday ride in poring rain.when i turn the ignition on now and hit the run button the bike starts without hitting the start button,also a couple of times i heard a grinding noise comming from the side casing on the left hand side, any help and advice on this would be greatly apreciated,thanks

Blow out the switch housings on the bars with some air and don't use a power washer on the bike,. It's not needed and will only cause problems like this.

greetings from ireland,hi guys i bought an 06 1450 fatboy last year with 7500 miles on the clock,this morning i powerwashed her after asunday ride in poring rain.when i turn the ignition on now and hit the run button the bike starts without hitting the start button,also a couple of times i heard a grinding noise comming from the side casing on the left hand side, any help and advice on this would be greatly apreciated,thanks

Clean the run and start button contactcs and add some dilectric grease to all the connections

Blow out the switch housings on the bars with some air and don't use a power washer on the bike,. It's not needed and will only cause problems like this.

thanks for the tip,wont be usein powerwasher again

Clean the run and start button contactcs and add some dilectric grease to all the connections

i,ll try that thanks for the tip

I am sure you know what that is. Get that switch dried out before you eat up a starter pinion gear.

havent a clue what that is to be honest :)but i get the message thanks for the tip

Last edited by a moderator:
i,ll try that thanks for the tip

Good luck to you, the dilectric grease is the best investment for your bike IMO

havent a clue what that is to be honest :)but i get the message thanks for the tip

If the starter stays engauged it could ruin the starter and the ring gear, possibly cause a melt down at the battery

Last edited by a moderator:
Back