Fatboy seat question

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by calbs66, Jun 23, 2011.

1. calbs66

calbs66 New Member

My 05 Fatboy came with the badlander seat, I really like the looks of that style, but it seems to me that I could sit back further with a different style. I'm 6'4 and would like to sit back as far as I can, I'm sure a solo seat would be the answer, but I often have a passenger (another reason for a different seat, the badlander is very uncomfortable for the passenger). Any suggestions without breaking the bank, or trade offers?

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Harley offer seats for taller riders and there are several aftermarket manuf. that make seats with different ergoes for more room. Mean City will alter your seat to fit your conditions and from many of the post here on the forum people speak highly of their work. I know some seats are expensive but if you want to ride any distance they are worth the money.

3. glazier

glazier Junior Member

I've got a like brand new Sundowner seat I'll sell you. Will make you sit a little lower, but I'm not sure if it will move you back at all. PM me if interested and I'll send you pics. I had it on my 2000 FLSTC and I think it will fit your bike too.

4. calbs66

calbs66 New Member

Sent PM Glazier. Thanks!

5. BOWHIKER

BOWHIKER Junior Member

I can tell you if you have a badlander mean city can't alter the passenger pad not enough to work with .