free website stats program Fatboy Makeover or not... | Harley Davidson Forums

Fatboy Makeover or not...

I've been going back and forth on a few different ideas for my 05 Fatboy. I like my bike but I am really liking the Night Trains more and more. I have an opportunity to pick up an 08 Night Train for $8,000.00 with 6K miles. This is a great deal but it is also a lot of money at the time. The other option is giving my Fatty a makeover. So far I've ordered a few things for the FB and I still dont know if this is what I want to do. I don't want to end up converting my bike to look like a NT and its going to end up not being one or the other.
My current setup has a lot of chrome and I want to change some of the parts to black to see if I will be ok with the outcome.
I have a few other mods in mind like a Heartland 2 five 0 wide tire kit. drag bars ...
Last night I started changing out my front end from chrome to black and I am trying to decide wether to go all black or leave a few parts in chrome. I am going to put up a few pics of my bike in its current state and as I go along.

Attachments

• 89910.jpg
    89910.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 67980.jpg
    67980.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 67725.jpg
    67725.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 84
  • rsz_hd9.jpg
    rsz_hd9.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I like your bike the way it is. If you decide to sell parts please post and I'll be watching. Everyone has their own opinion and must decide what is right for them. Good luck on your choice.

Here is a pic of the bike with the black front end. Just finished last night :D

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 50
  • forks.jpg
    forks.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 35
the fat boy will look super cool blacked out.
if you keep the fat boy and black it, you'll be more original than buying a night train. i'd say go for it - i'd like to see a blacked out fatboy.

I got your message but communication brokedown, just im me when you come up with something.

Back